I Used to Be Fat on MTV

2»

Replies

• xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Its great motivation for me but grrrr Mackenzie's Dad P***** me off to no end with his comments, you hav to be thin for a guy to love you!

its even worse when you hear someone say that in person.

I work in retail and i was working in the fashion department one day and i heard this lady tell her daughter "if you were thin like your sister you could find anything you wanted"
  • lmelgar
    lmelgar Posts: 18
    I love that show! Sometimes I wish I could be like them but I am not. I thought makenzie looked really good at the end.
  • Its great motivation for me but grrrr Mackenzie's Dad P***** me off to no end with his comments, you hav to be thin for a guy to love you!

I work in retail and i was working in the fashion department one day and i heard this lady tell her daughter "if you were thin like your sister you could find anything you wanted"

omg that's so mean!
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    I love this show!

I know that for most "normal" people it's not very realistic, but it more sets up for motivation for me.

You see these kids who ate their way through high school (like me), were never thin, (me for the most part), and were teased, but never did anything about it (again, me) It relates to a LOT of teens these days. It shows that you can do it, but it does take work.
    I like watching a new one each week, it keeps me motivated to move on.
    Clearly, for someone on a work schedule, with kids, or other daily things, working 6-8 hours in a gym isn't a realistic thing. But, in 90 days, or 100 days, you can still lose a significant amount of weight. Seeing those teens work through things that I had to deal with in HS and with family and my own thoughts really helps me to know that it is possible. Not to mention those trainers realy tell some good things about food and if you watch well you can see what they do when they train.

I don't watch many health or weight shows, but this one I really like.
  • I like the show and it does push me to do more, but the problem I have with it is that they work out like 6 hours a day. I find it hard to get an hour let alone 6. So to me it is not realistic, which it should be for the young ones that are watching.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    I love the show. I have it set on my DVR to record. :)
    It is very inspiring to me.
  • simplexserenity
    simplexserenity Posts: 116 Member
    Its great motivation for me but grrrr Mackenzie's Dad P***** me off to no end with his comments, you hav to be thin for a guy to love you!

Wow people like that make me sick.

I was like angry while watching this episode. Her dad is a *kitten*. There is no way in hell any man will ever motivate me to lose weight..weight loss is something you do for yourself, not anyone else. She was gorgeous either way but I agree about it being a little unhealthy and unrealistic. Who has time to workout six hours a day?! I try to do two, and even that is a struggle. Ahhh, TV!
  • xmmwx
    xmmwx Posts: 1
    I really enjoyed this episode because I used to BE MacKenzie. I grew up in the same religion and marriage is extremely important, but.... I know her father means well and he loves her but, his attitude about how it requires only a nice figure to catch a man is ridiculous. I grew up thinking the same thing and because of that, I grew up thinking I wasn't good enough so, I went and made really bad choices as a teen and young adult because of it. I'm not saying that anyone should sit around and get fat because it shouldn't matter what people think BUT, losing weight and getting healthy should be done with the right perspective. NOT because you are trying to land a man. In between babies, I have gained and lost the same 100 lbs over and over again (yes, that much weight), All I can do is Thank God that I found a husband who managed to look beyond my weight and has seen me through all those changes and still loves me.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!