People are starting to notice

Options
Lewzy
Lewzy Posts: 54 Member
So no pictures here, just a quick post because I'm very happy at the moment :D

I started eating better and exercising at the start of December and so far I've lost 16 pounds (8 since joining MFP on 2nd Jan). Personally I don't see much of a difference but the last few days people have complimented my weight loss and have been asking me if I've lost weight because I look slimmer etc. It's such a good feeling! And it's really helping to motivate me to keep going :) I went out with some friends last night and for the first time in about 2 years I didn't feel fat. The self esteem that comes along with weight loss is priceless!

Anyone else recently seeing a difference? :)

Replies

• npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I haven't lost enough for people to notice yet, but a friend who knows what I've lost said my face looks thinner... Hopefully she wasn't just being nice, but I am feeling a bit of a difference in my clothes. Keep up the good work! :wink:
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Congrats! That has to make you feel good!
  • franic1017
    franic1017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WTG! I've not lost but 8 pounds but I can tell a small difference. It certainly gives me motivation to continue on this journey and I hope you will too. Keep up the good work and thanks for the motivation.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I *loved* it when my family, friends and coworkers started saying things to me. At first I felt vain when I enjoyed the compliments, but more than that, they are well-deserved pats on the back -- and fantastic motivators to keep going!
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8lbs so far over the last 3 weeks. I do not see to much of a difference, but I can feel a difference in my clothing. I had a pair of pants that were to tight when I started, but they are comfortable on me now.

Keep up the GREAT work. I can not wait for people to start noticing on me.
  • markhort
    markhort Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I have noticed I have lost nearly half a stone since the beginning of the year also. Lost nearly 50 lb now. The the last 7lb have flown off.

Can't really explain it, nothing has changed.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    isnt it a great feeling? I have lost 49lbs since mid july and I love it when people notice. You are right it is priceless and certainly is motivating to keep going
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    On monday I had to get new passport pictures taken, and when I got them I compared them to my provisional drivers license photo, which was over a year and 31 lbs ago. I could see the difference in my face for sure, and it felt great! Plus, because I wear my hair differently now, I looked so much more grownup. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!