Jumping Rope

Options
Hi all! I just tried a new exercise today - jumping rope! I used to do it in PE when I was a kid all the time and it was so fun. Really hard though- couldn't do it fast for more than a minute at a time. Just wanted to share and see if anyone else jumps rope and has some great routines/tricks to learn.

Replies

• kievfrisco
    kievfrisco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :yawn: So funny, I did it today too, first time for the longest time. Very hard, could hold like 10 minutes, best result was 30 jumps.
  • ima_gymchick
    Options
    Jumping rope burns approx. 11 calories per minute. IF you trip over the rope like I do...and have to stop because of it, try it with NO rope, so you don't have to keep stopping. Shoot for 15 straight miutes..GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I do Jump Rope on Sundays when its my Day of Rest from my P90(Power90) workout. I get restless...I don't have any tricks...just jumpin' fast, than jumpin' - Jump on one foot and switch. Jumpin' with cross arms and alternatin'. Jump the rope backwards is always a challenge but fun. Just do whatever comes natually - have fun with it. xo
  • ima_gymchick
    Options
    I would also say...use different speeds, and hop from one foot to the next etc,,,vary it up. Keep it interesting.

4053450.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love jumping rope but it is def. ALOT harder than when I was a kid! I can't remember where but you can get just the handles somewhere and they are electronic and keep track of your time & calories burned. Saves alot of embarrassment when you stumble on the rope(not that I ever have):wink:
    Hmmm... maybe I will get out my rope and jump a bit today.
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    FYI - my calves were so sore today! Be warned but definitely give jump roping a try - I had a blast and will try to work on my tricks!