Hangover cures

Options
Joannah700
Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
Ok, it's Monday morning (in California) and the world is still spinning a little when I stand.

While I wait for my own hangover cure of Midol +Vitamin water to start working, thought I'd find out if there we're other cures that I should consider partaking.

Please share, but inside voices would be appreciated.

Replies

• lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    A bowl of menudo...or anything spicy. Works for me anyway.
  • AthleticForties
    AthleticForties Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A McDouble cheeseburger, small fries and diet coke at McDonalds always works the trick for me.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    I never get hang overs when i party i think my best hint is to drink water between drinks and have a glass when doing shots etc also a pint before you go to sleep
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Pedialyte and then I eat something salty.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Don't need one cause I'm a boss. I just don't drink :tongue:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    have a bloody mary and eat a good meal. take some motrin or Tylenol and totally hydrate the next day. been there too many times. :drinker:
  • Joannah700
    Options
    Thanks for no pictures. You really are a lovely group of ladies and gentlemen.

I'm slowly upping my tolerance, and I thought the 5 glasses of water would help the 4 Manhattan's...but no.no, it didn't. I think the bartender was being generous too...

The thought of Spicy or greasy food makes me want to hide under my covers

Other ideas?
  • AthleticForties
    AthleticForties Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly upping my tolerance, and I thought the 5 glasses of water would help the 4 Manhattan's...but no.no, it didn't. I think the bartender was being generous too...

Mmmm. I love a well made Manhattan.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Water. Get hydrated.
  • JordanMK_
    JordanMK_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Prevention is the best cure: Drink 3 glasses of water before going to sleep and I'll guarantee you'll never ever have a hangover anymore!!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I usually have a beer in the morning if I have a hangover.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It doesn't happen often, but when I have a hangover I take 2 excedrine migraine with a cup of milk.... let it settle a bit, then eat something substantial.
  • Joannah700
    Options

Mmmm. I love a well made Manhattan.

The first was a rosemary Manhattan, the rest were at a dive bar. My first time having them. 99% sure, it's not my drink.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I swear by the egg + cheese + starch combo.
    :love:

A fat breakfast burrito is my default.
    Eggs, cheese, salsa, potatoes, spinach, black beans (whatever you like)

A breakfast sandwich is good too, fried egg, cheese, english muffin, tomato slice, hot sauce...

Taco bell breakfast crunchwrap and a bean burrito will do in a pinch :P
  • kgdirks
    kgdirks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just heard a report on NPR recently... researchers now think hangover might actually be an inflammatory effect... not dehydration. Try an NSAID like ibuprofen. (Water is never a bad thing, though!)
  • Joannah700
    Options
    It doesn't happen often, but when I have a hangover I take 2 excedrine migraine with a cup of milk.... let it settle a bit, then eat something substantial.

I have excedrin migraine and Greek yogurt. I can do this one.

And water. Lots of water.

Thank you everybody.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    McDonald's used to be the cure for me. Now it's taco bell, a pillow, blanket and a good movie on the couch. The food of course comes after the 2-3 hours of dry heaving :drinker: HAHA hope you feel better soon
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    This is bro-science but when I drank it worked for me:

The hangover is severe dehydration because your body has been filtering its fluid trying to extract enough vitamin B6 and B12 that the liver uses to digest the alcohol. Supply the body with B12/B6 complex up front and you should be good. Craft beers that are unfiltered supply their own B12 in the yeast. So you are getting your hangover remedy at the same time as working on the hangover! The magic circle of life.

This is probably all BS but I read it once (in a brewery that made unfiltered beer) and I believed it so it must be true......

Now my hangover cure is "don't drink!"
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Prevention is the way to go. Eat something greasy before going to bed, down plenty of water as well, and take some Advil and a vitamin B complex. When you wake up slam a smoothie with coconut water, kale, baby spinach, berries, banana, etc.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Drink a ton of water before you go to bed.

If that doesn't work then toast, diet Pepsi and green tea always helps my hangover.