P90X... Why so much hate?

Options

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love Tony Horton! Favorite Quote:

"Tip of the day: Don't smash your face!" LOL

I have nothing but love for a product that gets people off their butts and into a lifestyle that is much HEALTHIER! Jillian Michael's annoys the heck out of me personally but I love that she inspires people to change for the better.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I am able to do p90x. Even if I was at that fitness level right now, I can't even afford it so boooo. lol It's Jillian Michaels for me right now
    Some libraries carry P90x.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    "I've been browsing around this site and I've encounter countless amount of people who practically hate this system, and if they don't hate it, at least they're doing a perfect job making it look like they do. Why so much hate?"

You asked so don't kill me for giving an answer. I don't think folks hate P90X or Tony or the whole BeachBody franchise. I know I even enjoy the infomercials. What makes me uncomfortable is that it SEEMS like everyone who does a BB program then becomes an "Independent BeachBody Coach" and starts selling. Kinda reminds me of Amway. Anyone who completes a BB program has way outworked me and props to you. However, that doesn't mean that I want you to be my coach or sell me Shakeology or anything like that.

Also, just because folks don't share your enthusiasm for something doesn't mean they hate it. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for this post. i'm starting P90X next month (most likely in conjunction with TF and Insanity), and it's refreshing to have someone lay out my thoughts exactly!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Just to make sure everyone knows that there are tons of people who have done quite a few Beachbody products and are not coaches. My husband & I have completed P90x, CLX, p90x+, Insanity, I'm doing Turbo Fire...& neither of us are coaches or ever plan to become coaches. We do, however, plan to buy Asylum & MC2 (the next p90x & Insanity)! If they keep cranking out awesome products, I'll keep whipping out my credit card! :laugh:

Just want to make sure everyone knows that not all beachbody supporters/fans are making money off the products. :flowerforyou:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    anyone who has tried it and hates it please send me a message. I would like to buy it from you.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    "I've been browsing around this site and I've encounter countless amount of people who practically hate this system, and if they don't hate it, at least they're doing a perfect job making it look like they do. Why so much hate?"

You asked so don't kill me for giving an answer. I don't think folks hate P90X or Tony or the whole BeachBody franchise. I know I even enjoy the infomercials. What makes me uncomfortable is that it SEEMS like everyone who does a BB program then becomes an "Independent BeachBody Coach" and starts selling. Kinda reminds me of Amway. Anyone who completes a BB program has way outworked me and props to you. However, that doesn't mean that I want you to be my coach or sell me Shakeology or anything like that.

Also, just because folks don't share your enthusiasm for something doesn't mean they hate it. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

<<< getting my gun ready lol jk

I don't mind if people try it and they say is not right for them, but a lot of people trash talk about P90X mainly, and just because the program is not right for you doesn't mean is a piece of crap, which is my point. I'll rather hear you say, this is too much for me, I'm not ready, I just can't do it, than just hating on the program like lots people do.

About Independent coaches, I agree up to a certain point. I dislike the coaches that become like some religious people who will knock on your door to try to convert you. I'm a coach myself, and you'll never see me offering you to sell you a product, even if you ask me for advices, why? because I hate when people do that to me. So yeah, hate all you want on BB Coaches, I won't argue you that, some, eve don't know crap about fitness at all. My point was towards the hate towards the program.

If you ask me about BB products, specially P90X, P90X+, Shakeology and Insanity, I will explain to you what is it about but I won't tell you to buy it, now if you're going to buy it I'll give you the option to refer me as your coach, because no matter what, the system will assign you a random coach whether you want or not, once you buy from their website, so I know I can help but is totally up to you. Just that :)
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Just to make sure everyone knows that there are tons of people who have done quite a few Beachbody products and are not coaches. My husband & I have completed P90x, CLX, p90x+, Insanity, I'm doing Turbo Fire...& neither of us are coaches or ever plan to become coaches. We do, however, plan to buy Asylum & MC2 (the next p90x & Insanity)! If they keep cranking out awesome products, I'll keep whipping out my credit card! :laugh:

Just want to make sure everyone knows that not all beachbody supporters/fans are making money off the products. :flowerforyou:

Exactly, and what's even funnier, I'm a coach and I don't even sell products lol but I like helping those that come to me for advice :glasses:
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    THANK YOU for this post. i'm starting P90X next month (most likely in conjunction with TF and Insanity), and it's refreshing to have someone lay out my thoughts exactly!

you're welcome :)
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    anyone who has tried it and hates it please send me a message. I would like to buy it from you.

lol
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Exactly, they can't go thru it, they can't do it... then they hate it. Oh wait, I don't want to pay 150 bucks for it, but I'll go spend hundreds or thousands in surgeries to remove the fat from their stomachs and in weight loss pills which sooner or later will affect their hormonal functions no matter how natural this pills are.

I guess I haven't been reading the posts that closely because I don't recall seeing a haters fest on P90X. :bigsmile:
    I would LOVE to try those once I get closer to goal again...right now, they are way to intense for my body to handle! :sick:
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Well now that's just brilliant!! I sure wish I would've thought of that!! :happy:
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I don't hate it, no. I just didn't enjoy it. I gave everything to my friend who more than LOVES it. I think it just depends on the person. It just wasnt mean for me. Congrats to everyone else though :)
  • ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    VERY well said Yass! I'll be honest, I used to be one of those people that thought "there is NO way that you can loose that much weight in 90days." Yeah, I was wrong, and I"ll be the first to admit it. I have not graduated P90X, but I do own it. I have graduated Power 90. I started Power 90 in March of 2010. I lost 20 lbs with Power 90. I am GLAD that I started there, because I know that I would have hated P90X and been one of the whiners. I started doing P90X last fall and I injured my left knee doing it. I then got back into my bad habits of shoving crap down my throat. I decided to take the holidays off of trying to get myself back into P90X, because I know myself. I know I would have made excuses EVERY day to not do it.

Anyway, I started the beginning of this month with Power 90 3/4 and I have been kicking it's *kitten* every day since I started it. I have only lost 3lbs so far, but, I feel better, my clothes feel better. It is not time to do my measurements yet, but I know they are smaller. I still eat every 2 to 3 hours, I do not follow the diet they suggest. I eat what I want, but in smaller portiions. I also THINK about what I'm putting into my body. I can't begin to tell you how much better I feel!!!!! I will start P90X again after 45 days of Power 90. I will graduate P90X, and I will look and feel great about myself!

Have you ever seen the movie WallE? Might want to consider watching it. I believe that our society is headed in a direction similar to that movie.
  • bri495
    bri495 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bought P90X about a month ago. I am just starting 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels) and then I am doing P90X. It is an extreme system, but it works! I've seen several people who have used it, and achieved exactly what they wanted too. People hate it because maybe they can't get through it? So by hating it, it gives people an excuse to not do it. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Do you like the 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels? I heard about her workout but never seen it. I also have the P90X and working back on it. I started this week and a friend of mine brought me to this site and I think its a great site as well as Tony Horton's P90X program. He rocks.
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Have you ever seen the movie WallE? Might want to consider watching it. I believe that our society is headed in a direction similar to that movie.

Yes!!! I love WallE lol and that's probably true too :P

Good luck with your journey and I'm sure you'll graduate this year :D
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I am curious: where you are finding this rampaging tide of "hatred" against P90x? I spend a lot of time of these forums and I would say the ratio of love:hate for P90x is about 10:1, maybe 50:1.

I suspect you are referring to the one forum topic in which the OP explicitly attacked P90x. To the best of my knowledge, in the almost 2 yrs I have been on this site, that is the first anti-P90x topic I have ever seen posted--compared to the multiple daily positive ones. And even in that thread, which is up to almost 200 replies last I looked, it seemed like there were less than 5 people that actually agreed with the OP.

So my response is: why do P90x fans feel compelled to launch an all-out (and continuing, based on this topic) attack on anyone who dares cast a discouraging word in their direction?

Indeed: why so much hate?

Even more disappointing is the recurring attitude I see written expressing the idea that those who criticize P90x in any way are "unwilling to do the work it takes to achieve their goals", "whiners" (that's in the post I am seeing in front of me as I type this), and other condescending characterizations.

I mean, seriously. All this for that?
  • dstumpjr
    Options
    I completely agree with you comments. I have been using INSANITY and it lives up to its name. Not for the faint of heart, not for people who think if the pay $150 bucks or whatever they magically shrink and look like the people in the videos. They are missing the fact it is all about one simple thing weather it is exercise or diet. Its damn hard work.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    I am curious: where you are finding this rampaging tide of "hatred" against P90x? I spend a lot of time of these forums and I would say the ratio of love:hate for P90x is about 10:1, maybe 50:1.

I suspect you are referring to the one forum topic in which the OP explicitly attacked P90x. To the best of my knowledge, in the almost 2 yrs I have been on this site, that is the first anti-P90x topic I have ever seen posted--compared to the multiple daily positive ones. And even in that thread, which is up to almost 200 replies last I looked, it seemed like there were less than 5 people that actually agreed with the OP.

So my response is: why do P90x fans feel compelled to launch an all-out (and continuing, based on this topic) attack on anyone who dares cast a discouraging word in their direction?

Indeed: why so much hate?

Even more disappointing is the recurring attitude I see written expressing the idea that those who criticize P90x in any way are "unwilling to do the work it takes to achieve their goals", "whiners" (that's in the post I am seeing in front of me as I type this), and other condescending characterizations.

I mean, seriously. All this for that?

Well, besides the OP original post and those who replied to it agreeing, the majority loves P90X, but I just don't get the hate. And probably more than 5 people hated P90X.

About an attack, I'm not attacking anyone here, just stating my point. People complain when they don't get results, then again what are they doing about it? Complain about having to work hard. It would be wonderful if people would get in fabulous shape the same way they got overweighted. The reality is different. So no, I'm not attacking, I'm just giving my opinion.

Now, with all the respect Azdak, I think I made myself pretty clear in my original post that the reason why I decided to post this topic is trying to figure out why people hate P90X. I didn't say that those who hate the program are unwilling to work hard, and maybe in different words I called them whiners, but guess what? I also mentioned "if you're planning to drop pounds of body fat, gain muscle, build endurance, etc in just 90 days....", and what I was trying to imply there is that the faster you want results, the harder you have to work. If they don't have the physical condition or willingness to do so, it doesn't make any sense to me they blame the program for it.

All this for what? Just for the sake of stating my opinion, just as they can state their own. Isn't communication based on exchange of ideas, opinions, etc?