female, 50 ish pounds, looking for same

Options
I am looking for a small group of friends to work together in this process.

About me: my diet approach is based on -log everything. That way I can tell when my intake is absurd (4 trips to the vending machine today, really?). Logging is like keeping a budget. As long as I am tracking it, there are no bad foods, well maybe a few, but mostly bad quantities.
My boyfriend wonderfully tells me how hot he still thinks I am, at about 50 pounds overweight. I think I am looking bad, but more importantly, I feel bad. I have a family history of high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Recently turned 40, and am looking down the mortality tunnel.
I have an 18 year old daughter, who lived with other family members for a few recent years, and we are not as close as I would like. Sometimes life is cruel.
I don't have any crazy drama, eating disorders, untreated depression. I do have pmdd, and get moody as hell every 23 days. Medicated for that, too, so it's normally not bad.

About you: you are early in achieving your goals, too. It may take a year or more, slow and steady wins the race. You are willing to get in my business if I'm slacking, and want me in yours too. You are middle aged, female, and at least overweight, if not obese. You are interested in logging & interacting daily, or most days. You don't have a week long guilt trip because you at ice cream one day, instead you pick up, move forward, and make today better than yesterday.

Yes, this reads like a personal ad, I'd like to find a small number of people to take this journey with, and let friendship develop along the way. In order to be successful, this is going to be a big part of my life for quite a while. I want to enjoy it, with friends. If any of this works for you, too, please add me.

Replies

• timeformejlw
    Options
    I'm starting today, also 40, with two teenage kids. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I just requested you!

Edit to say: anyone please feel free to add me as well!

Looking forward to the journey.
  • myaco
    myaco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm re-starting today, with two elementary schoolers and one junior high kid. I've got at least 50 lbs to lose. I've never done any on-line community boards/friendships before, but I'm all for helping and getting help.

Now I have to figure out what to do about requesting you....
  • wildecat1
    wildecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, three kids, looking to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday in about a year. Busy, stressful life but trying to fit in time on the treadmill every day and logging all my food. Add me if you'd like!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    There is a "50 lbs to lose" message board on MFP. Check it out.
  • getfitwjennifer
    getfitwjennifer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me I am a stay at home mom of two kids who is looking to connect with others who is also on the journey to of loosing weight. We all need the motivation and support to keep going esp on the days we feel like giving up have a wonderful day.
  • HealthyKat24
    HealthyKat24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would be grateful to anyone on this thread who would "add" me. I am "restarting" myfitnesspal.com today. I just had my 40th birthday yesterday. Surprisingly to me, I have never been happier or more grateful. However, my health is a different story. I am at least 46 lbs over weight (my goal to lose). I definitely have other health problems/risks that are caused by or aggravated by my obesity. I, unfortunately, do not have any children, but do have a wonderful fiance and a very happy family (parents, sisters/brother in laws, and 5 beautiful nieces). My life can get pretty hectic (despite not having children of my own) and I can neglect my health very quickly. I would appreciate some support and lending some support to others! I'd be happy to check in daily/almost daily.
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in February---twins---13 years old---realistically I need to lose close to 50 pounds--but right now I"d settle for 10. None of my clothes fit anymore, I'm tired and miserable all the time. Moody...Hungry...blah blah blah....I really need someone to stand on me and keep me motivated.
  • honeybenn
    honeybenn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for a support group that actually "supports" to stay in touch with and to encourage each other and over time develop friendships. Like you said this is a long journey and I personally hate feeling alone on he journey. I have 3 grown sons and 9 grandchildren at 58 years old. I've been through alot and I am having health issues one right after the other now. I have totally let myself go and have gained so much weight I do not want to leave the house. Please count me in your "circle of friends"!! Thanks.
  • racegirlno14
    racegirlno14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same goals..50 by age 50 next July! Hubby thinks it is unrealistic but I think 4 to 5 pounds a month can be do able! :smile: