Completely Starting Over

Options
I've been on this site for a long time, I lost 40 lbs with it's helped and then I stopped using it. Life got crazy and I gained half of it back. So I'm back and would love some new and active friends!! Feel free to add me!
Thanks! And Good luck!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • hales_04
    hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will do!
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    FR sent! :) All the best to you!
  • karenpriest
    karenpriest Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I too am starting completely over. I'm trying to lose 60 pounds, I was doing awesome last year then winter hit and I slacked off and gained pretty much it all back. This time I'm determined to make it different, I signed up to run a 5k race on Sept 14 - I've drop a few pounds just by stopping snacking (big surprise lol)
    Hoping to be held accountable for everything I put in my mouth!!

Happy weight loss!!
  • emwalton621
    Options
    I just joined the site and I'm trying to figure out how to use it to my advantage. I need to lose at least 20 lbs (I'd really love 25-30 though). Any tips, encouragement, etc. would be very much appreciated!
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. I am starting over as well.
  • emwalton621
    Options
    BTW, how do I create one of those trackers? I think it would be a nice little visual to keep myself motivated.
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    just starting back again also
    gained 5 lbs over the last few months
    I am short 5.1' and small frame 130 lbs is a lot for me
    I feel the best at 112-115
    so count me in.
    Hoping we can motivate each other.
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm starting over too.
  • VioletSauce
    VioletSauce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Same here starting over here as well.
  • vickiayresbenson
    Options
    Just coming back myself :) I look forward to helping each other. Anyone is welcome to friend me, I need all the help I can get :)
  • crpeterson84
    crpeterson84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started a little over a week ago! Welcome back! Feel free to add me so we can encourage each other on this weight loss journey.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for a long time, I lost 40 lbs with it's helped and then I stopped using it. Life got crazy and I gained half of it back. So I'm back and would love some new and active friends!! Feel free to add me!
    Thanks! And Good luck!

Ilfe gets crazy..Thats half the fun.

For those on this thread that would like support, please feel free to send an FR & I'll do what I can to pay it forward as others have done for me.....

The fact you are reaching out and being honest about your struggle is a sign of grwoth and progress. Take comfort in that.
    The difference between MFP and everything else? If you adopt the mindset that its a lifestyle change & not a diet, the rest will fall into place.

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. Try and focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

3 1/2 months ago, I weighed 312 pounds. I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. We can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and sontinue to be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

Knowing that plus the support I get from my MFP buds make enough difference that Ive lost 35 in 105 days without doing anything stupid.

If you will stay committed to this, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

3 1/2 months ago, walking was a chore. today, I walked 6 miles. And loved it

You got this.. ...and we got YOUR back

Fsunami
  • chuckmama
    Options
    I'm just starting over again myself! Life has been super busy but I'm come to the realization that I need to look after myself first so I can look after my family better :) feel free to add me!
  • hales_04
    hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is why I love this community :)
  • amax67
    amax67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The fact that you've come back is a positive and that can only be a good thing:)
    Feel free to add me
  • amax67
    amax67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well,joined Friday,still trying to find my way round,but so far I can say its all been positive,I have a long road ahead,92lbs to loose,I need all the help I can get:\ feel free to add me :)
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation myself. Feel free to add me as well!! :drinker: