25/F, looking to lose at least 100 lbs - wanna be friends?

Options
What the subject line says, pretty much! I'm 25 and work a nice cushy desk job that pays well and I love what I do, but it's showing on my gut and my thighs and well ... all of me!

I'm looking for some friends who might be able to help encourage me! If anyone needs some MFP friends, just let me know - I'd love to meet some new people and forge some bonds on here. :)

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    What the subject line says, pretty much! I'm 25 and work a nice cushy desk job that pays well and I love what I do, but it's showing on my gut and my thighs and well ... all of me!

I'm looking for some friends who might be able to help encourage me! If anyone needs some MFP friends, just let me know - I'd love to meet some new people and forge some bonds on here. :)

Hi, you can add me if you want :) Feel free to read my profile beforehand but I'm Ginny, 26, French, I work a desk job too...

Good luck! xx
  • churrochi
    Options
    Add me if you'd like as well! 23/F and hoping to lose around 55 lbs. GW is 165 by New Year's (currently 188).
    I'm pretty active, and in dire need of friends as well. I log my workouts as well if you need inspiration.
    I don't work at a desk job, but I'm studying for the LSAT, so I'm pretty much at a desk all day anyway...
  • Mandea0321
    Mandea0321 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm pretty new to this site. ( I actually joined about a month ago, but just realized that there is a message board and whatnot a few days ago.) I'm 28/f and I need to loose a total of 75 lbs. I've lost 22.5 so far. I have a desk job, but I work in an ER so it's not all sitting down. You can add me if you'd like to.
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request, and anyone else can add me as well. Always in need of some more motivation :)
  • patnguyen34
    patnguyen34 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me... Always love to share stories, food diaries entry, success and even some failures....

We can do this together and encourage each other along the way!

Always love making new friends.
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm 24/F currently, I've lost about 100lbs but I'm pregnant right now and had to focus on the baby.
    My overall goal is to be between 190-160 if i go to 160, that will be 200lbs loss for me
    I'd love to be your friend! I'm on here everyday, lol i think my streak is 325, after i have my daughter I will be back full force
    but I can support you from the sidelines for right now =)

I sent you a request btw
    & I'm friendly so if anyone would like to add me, add me, lol
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site and would love to help and be helped! Encouragement is always needed because everyone has bad days! I don't have much advice as I am new to this, but I'll definitely be supportive!

I'm 27/F looking to lose 100lbs. I work 54.5 hours a week sitting at a desk, so I have definitely packed the pounds on! I understand exactly how you feel!

I'd really like to become more active in the forum, as it keeps me busy; therefore, keeping my mind off food! Boredom is terrible for my diet! Any advice on which topics are best/most active etc. is appreciated!

Thanks!
  • osfan501
    osfan501 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 23/M I started at 226 pounds in mid-July and I'm at around 204 now. I'm eventually hoping to get down to 155 or so. Couch 2 5K has been helping a lot in the weight loss.
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    you can add me, im 24 looking to lose 100 lbs, i also work a job were im sitting all day
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 26 and have about 100 more pounds to lose before no longer being "obese". I'm a SAHM who kinda works on a side craft business. ^_^
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, folks! I'll be 25 in two weeks :sad: and still have a little over 100 lbs to lose.
  • Buu_kz
    Buu_kz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 27 years old and I have a desk job too I understand your struggle all too well!! I managed to lose 70 pounds after I gained about 120 when I started my first desk job. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Kalikaroo
    Kalikaroo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you like. I've just discovered MFP and I hope it'll help motivate me and keep me on track!!:smile:
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 29/f living near the Wisconsin/Illinois border. I have 100lbs to lose in total; I am already down 32lbs. I feel like you can never have too many supportive and motivating people in your corner and I love all my MFP friends so I would welcome more with open arms. If you, or anyone else reading this, would like to friend me please do!

Best of luck on your journey!
    Kristy :flowerforyou:
  • johanna306
    johanna306 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job as well. *Sigh* I accept friend requests!
  • Christina_V85
    Christina_V85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a 29/F and have a desk job too and face the same problems as you. It can be hard to fit in any activity during work hours or lunch hours even, but I'm trying to find creative ways to make it work. I set a goal to lose 108 pounds and I'm down 6 lbs right now but I just started up again after not actively trying for a long while. I am not new to MFP, but I am new to this whole friends thing but I see the value in having a support group on MFP to help motivate each other and even learn from each other. Hope we can be friends.

I wish you all the best of success in your health goals :smile:
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm down 94lbs, with much more to go. If you're going to be a serious participant, we can do this together.
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well, I'm 27 and sit at a desk for 8 hours, some times up to 12-13 if I work a double..
  • SunflowerCutie
    SunflowerCutie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm Kayla 24/Female
    I'm currently at my third year in college, studying being a teacher. Last year I lost a lot of weight. A couple of years back in 2011/12, I was about 220lbs and then mid 2013, I weighed 190lbs then I lost my friend earlier this year and from depression I gained some of the weight back and I lost another very close family friend and it's still tough for me, but I'm keeping up a positive attitude. Now I'm back in the 200s and currently 207. =(
    But I'm working on it.
  • david2831g78
    david2831g78 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm 36, work in an office, and have been on track for 64 days now. Down 20lbs.