Running playlists - country

Options
I'm sure there are 10,000 threads asking for play while running, but I was hoping some country music fans would chip in with what they like to listen to while running.
My phone has mostly country, and I end up skipping through 3/4 of them because they're too slow.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sugarland
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love them!
    I normally start off with "All I want to Do."
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I run to pretty much anything, including slow songs, but I do love that Miranda/Carrie duet Somethin Bad! Anything Rascal Flatts, Florida Georgia Line. When RF's Stand comes on, it really kicks me into high gear. Very motivating. I'll run to just about anything lol, ran to old school Alanis Morrisette this morning!
  • cwill33
    cwill33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A lot of Luke Bryan's stuff is good for working out. Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, and Eric Church also come to mind. I love country music but I stick to mostly rap when I'm running; I find country just isn't upbeat enough during those long workouts.
  • dabears6352
    dabears6352 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, even Alabama.
  • sappy42
    Options
    A lot of Luke Bryan's stuff is good for working out. Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, and Eric Church also come to mind. I love country music but I stick to mostly rap when I'm running; I find country just isn't upbeat enough during those long workouts.

I usually do Pandora's Power Hip Hop Workout since it's mostly upbeat. Can't seem to find a good workout country station on I Heart Radio, otherwise that's what I'd be jamming to.
  • kmhenry84
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Eric Church is the best! Most of it kind of slows me down, though...
    I haven't always been a runner; I'm still trying to build my endurance up, and I've noticed I start to flatline when slower or depressing songs come on.

I have every one of his albums, and music from everyone listed up above.. I guess I need to load Jason Aldean onto my phone; I hadn't even thought of that.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I currently have Miranda Lambert, Toby Keith, Dixie Chicks and Jason Aldean.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Little Big Towns, "Boondocks" is one of my favorites especially at the end when starts to get faster
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love running to Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan. They seem to have the most upbeat songs.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    -JaneDear Girls -Sugar, Wildflower, Merry go Round, Shotgun Girl, Free Ride, Good Girls Gone Bad
    -Pistol Annies - Hush Hush, Unhappily Married, Damn Thing, Lemon Drop, Bad Example, Takein' Pills, The Hunter's Wife
    -Miranda Lambert - Somethin' Bad, Little Red Wagon, Priscilla, Old Sh!it, Gravity is a B**ch, Two Rings Shy

That's my current play list but some other artist I can think of would be Toby Keith (She's a hottie), Dierks Bentley (5-1-5-0), Chris Young (Aw Naw),The Band Perry, Blake Shelton.... I could go on but I won't
  • kmhenry84
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you! I'd forgotten about that song. I'll add that and Pontoon.
  • danielley247
    danielley247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sugarland

^ This.
    I have an "Angry country ladies" playlist that's full of Miranda and Carrie. Nothing quite like a bit of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend to get the legs pumping!
  • sadiewiggles
    Options
    I got a MP3 and I put all my favorite songs on it to walk/run/jog with, if something comes on I want something a little faster I just skip it.
  • kmhenry84
    Options
    -JaneDear Girls -Sugar, Wildflower, Merry go Round, Shotgun Girl, Free Ride, Good Girls Gone Bad
    -Pistol Annies - Hush Hush, Unhappily Married, Damn Thing, Lemon Drop, Bad Example, Takein' Pills, The Hunter's Wife
    -Miranda Lambert - Somethin' Bad, Little Red Wagon, Priscilla, Old Sh!it, Gravity is a B**ch, Two Rings Shy

That's my current play list but some other artist I can think of would be Toby Keith (She's a hottie), Dierks Bentley (5-1-5-0), Chris Young (Aw Naw),The Band Perry, Blake Shelton.... I could go on but I won't

Please do! Dierks Bentley is my absolute favorite...
  • danielley247
    danielley247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some of the instrumentals are pretty awesome, too. Like DCX "Lil' Jack Slade".
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Some of my fav country workout songs: F.G.L. - Party People, The Cadillac Three - The South, Jason Aldean - 1994, Thomas Rhett - Front Porch Junkies (Remix), Brantley Gilbert - Bottoms Up
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Please do! Dierks Bentley is my absolute favorite...

Okay, running down my country list on my phone I got
    Catch all the fish - Brad Paisley
    Chrome - Trace adkins
    Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex
    Country Girl - Luke Bryan
    Crazy town - Jason Aldean
    Eight Second Ride - Jake Owen
    Fat Sallie Lee - Rednex
    Flat on the Floor - Carrie Underwood
    Friends in Low Places -Garth (not really fast but it gets me going)
    Good Ride Cowboy - Garth
    Gunpowder & Lead - Miranda Lambert
    Harder than you husband - Rednex
    Hicktown - Jason Aldean
    Hillbilly Bone - Trace and Blake
    Hittin' the Hay - Rednex
    Holler Back - The Lost Trailers
    Little Bit of Life - Craig Morgan
    Longneck bottle - Garth
    Mama's Broken Heart - Miranda Lambert (GOOD ONE!)
    Mr. Policeman - Brad paisley
    Rockin' The beer gut - Trailer Choir
    Save a horse ride a cowboy - Big and rich (GOOD ONE AGAIN)
    She's Country - Jason Aldean
    Sideways - Dierks Bentley
    T-R-O-U-B-L-E - Travis Tritt
    That's my kind of night - Luke Bryan
    What's a guy gotta do - Joe Nichols
    Wild n free - rednex

That was a quick pass through my country play list. I tried to grab as many upbeat songs as I could but I know I missed a lot.

ETA: Friends in Low Places is the only song that turns me into a "whoo girl" when I hear it :blushing:
  • sappy42
    Options
    Ooh, Craig Morgan! International Harvester and Redneck Yacht Club!

I 2nd JaneDear Girls, esp Merry Go Round!
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You ever thought of downloading bluegrass music? They're pretty fast - lol

Most of my country music on my MP3 stems from a blend of the albums of Travis Tritt, Marty Stuart, Brandy Clark, and Connie Smith. The rest is composed of southern gospel, bluegrass, pop, rock, and bluegrass gospel from various artists. I have various speeds of songs. I have no problem running while listening to a slow song. I'd offer you some ideas but I have no idea how fast of a song you're looking for.