Gave myself a good laugh and a good surprise today!

Options
BerriHan
BerriHan Posts: 6 Member
On Monday 18/8/14 I started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. This past Sunday was my rest day. Today was my 7th day.

Saturday and today when I did my workouts, I went through every single exercise without stopping and taking a break, I followed the more advanced moves instead of the easier ones, etc.. but by the time I finished them, I wasn't as sweaty/sore/tired as I had been before.

So I just spent the last 3 days wondering what I'm doing wrong and wondering why I'm not tired and sooo sore like the first 5 days of the shred and it just hit me...

It's not that I'm doing something wrong or I'm not pushing myself as hard... it's that it's GETTING EASIER :) My body is getting used to it! I laughed at myself when I realized that, because in my mind it was damn-near impossible to think my body could get used to any type of physical activity. I'm feeling good now! I can continue feeling good until I finish Level 1 and then I can go back to dying every day lmao.

2lbs down from the shred so far :)

Replies

• heartbeatbop
    Options
    Congrats! I know how it feels to feel like you're doing something wrong when you're actually getting the hang of it. We just have this "working out is supposed to be awful/terrible" mentalities that we have to break. And our bodies help us break that!
  • BerriHan
    Options
    Definitely! Especially after this workout, I am feeling light on my feet, my posture is good today, I'm breathing a bit better (Used to have an incredibly hard time breathing during the day before and after a workout, but I followed some guides on the best ways to breathe during workouts.) I have more energy too! I don't want to stop being on my feet and walking around haha. This is great
  • ShaGetFit23
    ShaGetFit23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love 30day shred its the only DVD I use that and running 2x a week I lost 58lbs check my display. 221-165. Now week and half later I'm 163 maybe less I started in Jan/Feb good luck
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    On Monday 18/8/14 I started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. This past Sunday was my rest day. Today was my 7th day.

Saturday and today when I did my workouts, I went through every single exercise without stopping and taking a break, I followed the more advanced moves instead of the easier ones, etc.. but by the time I finished them, I wasn't as sweaty/sore/tired as I had been before.

So I just spent the last 3 days wondering what I'm doing wrong and wondering why I'm not tired and sooo sore like the first 5 days of the shred and it just hit me...

It's not that I'm doing something wrong or I'm not pushing myself as hard... it's that it's GETTING EASIER :) My body is getting used to it! I laughed at myself when I realized that, because in my mind it was damn-near impossible to think my body could get used to any type of physical activity. I'm feeling good now! I can continue feeling good until I finish Level 1 and then I can go back to dying every day lmao.

2lbs down from the shred so far :)

Congratulations- remember those abs don't come for free! I started 30ds around the same time as you. I do it in between my gym/running so haven't been doing it every day. Today I moved onto level 2 out of boredom and you will be glad to hear it's not harder than level 1- just different exercises. Feel free to add me as a friend if you think we can encourage each other.
  • BerriHan
    Options
    thanks! I do the 30DS, C25k and I'm also doing the Blogilates Beginner workout :D I alternate between all of them. I also do a bit of body weight training and I give myself rest days on Sundays :D I know abs don't come for free but I will work my *kitten* off until I get 'em :D I will definitely add you for some encouragement :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!