Has anyone read "The Secret"

Options
I just started reading this book and it is great. It talks about your thoughts and how you can attract everything you want by positive thoughts. Thinking,believing, and receiving. Has anyone read this then applied what they learned to weight loss?

Replies

• sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just started reading this book and it is great. It talks about your thoughts and how you can attract everything you want by positive thoughts. Thinking,believing, and receiving. Has anyone read this then applied what they learned to weight loss?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Love love love love love it! Read it and seen the movie a few times. I believe it 100% percent. I think if you put out what you want in the world, the world will give you the tools to make it happen. I'm working on making a dream board thingy right now.

I find that with weight loss I've programmed my brain to tell myself I'm fat, constantly throughout the day, I'm still working on it though. The picture that iluvsparkles photoshopped for me has become a great help. I'm replacing the images I have of myself in my head, with that picture. I live my day as though I've already lost the weight. Whatever I do, I have a image of myself in my head doing it as a healthier person and it really helps my attitude greatly!

When I got laid off work I decided to sit down and think about what I want out of a job. I wrote down a list of the aspects of my job I wanted and I would imagine myself at that job and such and I did attract it. Same with the car I have now. I was selling my old car and I made a list of the features I wanted, color and everything of this old volkswagen I have now. When I would drive my jetta, I would imagine that it was a gti, I would hear the sound of the exhaust in my head and everything. It works, if you believe it whole-heartedly. :happy:
  • sebaseth
    Options
    I am anxious to finish reading it. Do they talk about a dream board in the book? If so,I haven't gotten that far but can't wait until I do.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I don't remember...they might call it by a different name. I think they have it on the movie though. I'm just making a collage of picutres of things like my 'dream' body and house, maybe even job and pets. Anything.
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    YES! While I was exercising on the treadmill this past winter I would visualize myself at my ideal weight. I would look at pictures of myself when I was my ideal weight.

That was 40 pounds, 11% body fat and 30 inches ago.

Now, I imagine myself with toned up.
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    I've read the book and watched the movie. I also have read another book on the subject...(can't remember the name and I lent it to a friend!!!)....I really believe in the concept and found the second book I read really gave you the tools including a website with worksheets etc to help teach you how to apply it. I'll call my friend to get the name of it.
    I made a vision board for myself a while back. It has everything from financial goals, relatioship goals, and of course a pic of some hot chick in a bikini with my head on it!!!....lol. The whole concept is attracting the tools to get what you want. This website came to me recently and which I believe is the secret at work. I've been focusing on my healthy body and how it will feel to be thin and healthy every night and every morning. Then in talking with my mom recently this website came up in a conversation. Now here I am learning the tools I need to finally do this for good!!! Sorry a little long winded....lol.

:flowerforyou:
  • sebaseth
    Options
    Laguapa--- Enjoy your new body and it sounds like if you can think, beleive and visualize yourself toned you will accomplish that too. I have losing weight since July 2nd. Now that I have read the book I beleive what it says because I want this so bad and I can picture myself in the size body I want. I am almost there.

Sunibc22----I would love to know the name of that other book., Thank you. I am glad you found MFP!!

RachVR6---I am going to start my own collage too.

My oldest son is 9 years old and he has struggled with reading. He is in the 3rd grade this year and I have been telling him to believe that he will master reading this year. I am explaining the power that we have inside and can accomplish everything we want to in life.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started reading The Secret in 2006. It worked for awhile than I stopped believing and things just stayed the same. Now I'm reading it again and going on strong with it. Lots of things have been changing in my life and I'm so thankful for it all.

In The Secret it mentioned that you should place a sticky on your scale with your perfect weight and believe that you are that weight already I have been doing that but my kids keep taking my sticky off. So I always feel silly placing it on there before I weigh in.

Has The Secret helped you to reach your ideal weight?:smile::smile: :smile:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've read The Secret (and seen the movie). I was not totally comfortable with the material (especially the movie) since it came off as a pushy "buy-me!!" advertisement on how to get a Mercedes and a million bucks. While I like money just as much as the next guy, it certainly isn't the reason I get out of bed each day - so it was hard for me to relate to many of the examples in the book.

I do like the underlying Buddhist teachings, and believe in visualization and karma - but I also believe in hard work and determination :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have the book in my "To Be Read" pile :laugh: