Workout music suggestions??

Options
So I've been using the same upbeat songs from my music collection for about 5 years now, and even though I love some of my songs, I really want some more variety. I usually listen when I'm on the elliptical and I find I'll go as fast as the beat of the song, so its important to listen to something fairly fast to keep my feet moving. Any suggestions for songs, albums, artists, or even websites or iphone apps you think would work?

Thanks guys!

Diana

Replies

• merlainealyssa
    Options
    I love pandora radio. You can pick your favorite artist and the app will base all the rest of its music selections off of similar music to what your original pick was. It really keeps me going when I am in a musical drought.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    my cell phone/mp3 player is filled with country and rock....i noticed the faster the tempo the faster i tend to go....nickelback, theory of a deadman, buckcherry... you could also try gtunes or slacker radio....i really pump those elliptical pedals with them lol
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been streaming digitally import (http://di.fm) to my android phone.
  • orangebella
    Options
    some of my favorite artists you should check out
    Chromeo, MSTRKRFT, Goldfrapp, Cicada, Miley Cyrus(See you again), Pink (So what), Spoon, Justice, Passion Pit, Robbie Rivera(live for the music)
  • cash412
    Options
    I know it's not really a fast tempo, but my *favorite* running song is "What a feeling"
  • Melisa25
    Options
    BPM on XM radio has great music. My favorite tracks are on Dance Party 2011. Every up beat and makes you want to move.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Girl Talk? It's a DJ who does mashups of a bunch of old and new songs and they're pretty ridiculous. All of them are upbeat. I use them whenever I work out. There are several albums. The latest is All Day and it was a free (LEGAL) download. If you google it you might be able to find it. It incorporates some old school music and newer fun songs into rap that has a good beat. There is some language. But I find I get energized when I hear rifs from an old song I haven't heard in forever and that keeps me going!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yes actually I do love girl talk! I've listened to his albums so many times though (not the new one, I'll have to dl it)

Thanks for all the feedback!!
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    I love pandora radio. You can pick your favorite artist and the app will base all the rest of its music selections off of similar music to what your original pick was. It really keeps me going when I am in a musical drought.

I love Pandora as well; it's perfect for working out.
  • Echoshill
    Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pandora is great. Well, unless you get a crap song, then it is a PITA to pull out the phone to skip or dislike. Also, I hate the idea of exercising with a phone that cost a few hundred dollars.

Some of the bands I use for my set lists (Spinning Instructor) are All That Remains, Sevendust, Jackson 5, Staind, Crossfade, Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, The Darkness, Shinedown, Katy Perry, Pink, Bleeding In Stereo, Adam Lambert, Scandal, Racer X, Anberlin, 32 Leaves, Red, Ra, Default, Iron Maiden, Rush, Rev Theory, Kicking K8, Fair To Midland, Stonesour, Sick Puppies, David Lee Roth, Mr. Big, (Old) Def Leppard, Flyleaf, Paramore and occasionally Earth Wind and Fire.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I split up my songs, when I am lifting weights I listen to country and oldies. When I am doing cardio I do rock/rap/grudge metalish crap.

Favourite cardio song: The Pretender by Foo Fighters
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have "TuneIn Radio" on my Android phone, and sometimes I do books on CDs which really help get your mind off keeping looking at the watch.