LGBT, Pagan, Gamers, Geeks?

Options

Replies

• emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am: a LGBT ally, an atheist, a collector of video game consoles (I have eleven consoles and counting), a former member of the gaming club in high school, a MS/HS band director, still squeeing over the introduction of the 12th doctor, a happy, happy person when browsing in Teavana. Let's be friends!
  • chefkryia
    chefkryia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    let's see, married but very good friends with a pansexual couple. Not Pagan, but I have friends who are. I am a gamer (but video and pen and paper). I LOVE loose tea and have become very picky about it. Into the arts and looking for new friends as well :)
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nerd, here. I like games well enough, mostly computer games like the Sims, AOE, Tycoon games, etc., but some console games as well like Red Dead Redemption. I love to read, most recently finished the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and the fourth book of the Earth Child series, and am working on the fifth. I looooove Earl Grey tea, granted it isn't loose leaf, but it doesn't have a string! Lol I love art and am actually trying to see if I can make a little money off it. I love roleplay, but I can't find good text-based rol playing games like there were in the 90's. :)
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My punctuation was atrocious in that post and I apologize. I'm on a 'smartphone', but MFP isn't coded so well for it, so editing as you go is majorly annoying.
  • Silver82
    Silver82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bisexual gamer, role player, pagan, alpha, loose leaf tea extraordinaire here. And sometimes I'm a ninja too.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just gay here
  • Hey there. I'm not pagan (though my best fiend is) but I am an ace dude who enjoys video games, roleplays, and books. : D Nice to meet you. (Sorry I can't meet your tea hopes. I am an immature child who burns water.)
  • spinneyhex
    spinneyhex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a life long pagan.
    My son is gay and one of my daughters is a bisexual gamer geek, all children raised pagan and encouraged to follow their own paths. I am an avid reader and a proper English tea drinker. I live in Wiltshire and have Stonehenge and Avebury stone circle on my doorstep. :D
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm a bisexual atheist who is extremely nerdy and geeky. I love math, logic, and books, and I write poetry (just for myself). I like tea, but it will never replace my espresso! :-)
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Straight, but atheist pagan, big gamer, have 5 level 90 characters in World of Warcraft and help run a game convention. YAY FOR GEEKS!
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bi - and married to a man by choice, several family members are queer in different forms
    Atheist - but I do find paganism fascinating
    Gamer - Skyrim rules
    Roleplaying - um yeah, for my husband lol although I'm DYING to go to a Star Trek convention dressed as a Vulcan at least once in my lifetime
    Music - to the Nth degree! I sing in several bands, write, play instruments, collect vinyl records, and my husband and I run a (very small) record label
    Books - mostly sci-fi and fantasy. Dan Simmons, Staniszlaw Lem, GRRM, Robert Jordan, Tolkien, and Brandon Sanderson are some of my favorite authors.
    I drink lots of tea but usually in bags. At home I do prefer using an old fashioned tea pot that whistles once it's hot :)
  • Rollsworth
    Rollsworth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MMO pc gaming lover here, anything on pc. used to love tea but hard on keto :) Also love books, read A tale of a curious dog and Slaughter house 9. I'm a asexual... Life is strange

Atheist but have a Norman family...

Add me if you want to chat and support
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm bi but happy with my boyfriend.
    Not really pagan although fascinated by it. I am atheist.
    I am a gamer. Mostly table top now. I am trying to kick a bad electronic entertainment addiction. I have almost succeeded but mfp forums get me every time.
    I love Role Playing. Aside from the tabletop games including D&D i also do LARP (Live Action Role Play). Which is exactly like a tabletop but you get to go out in the woods and actually hit things with foam weapons. It's fun.
    I am interested in music. Trying to learn the violin right now. A little scary as I have no previous experience at all.
    I am starting to read again. I :heart: Terry Pratchett. Actually i love anything that is funny. I don't do suspense well.
    I have no real opinion on tea... sorry.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I love books - fantasy, suspense, anything Celtic myth (most mythology actually)/Scottish related, geeky/nerdy and Pagan-adjacent. :D Feel free to add me.
  • LeonXC
    LeonXC Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm a Vietnamese transexual paraplegic Mormon. Video games are of the devil.
  • Kellbellftw
    Kellbellftw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a big gamer geek! Anybody feel free to add me on here, psn or xbl (gamer tag for both is kellbellftw) I'm on my xbox one way more often than my ps4. We're buying Destiny on our ps4 though, so it will soon OWN MY SOUL lol I also have a 3ds and a steam account that are split with my husband, so send me a message if you want my friend code or steam account :)
    I don't rpg unless you count games lol no LARPing in my near future lol
    If I drink tea it's loose-leaf but I'm more of a coffee gal! I have a pretty sweet coffee system at home too! and one of my past jobs was being a barista! I love it!
    I'm also really into comic books! There are some current runs I collect (like Batman 66 and Harley Quinn), but I mostly read everything in trade paperbacks. More on the DC side, just because of my obsession with the Batman universe. I hate Superman. It's funny because I have more Marvel stuff, but I still say DC has my heart!
    I go to cons, but haven't cosplayed. If I were to it would be something simple, like a person from Scott Pilgrim, where I only have to wear like normal clothes haha :tongue:

I used MFP a few years ago and lost a lot of weight. Gained it all back so here I am again!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Love loose leaf tea.
    Major Sci - fi fan, especially Doctor Who.
    Play Second Life, but used to be into the Final Fantasy games in a big way. I want to get back into gaming. I have a PS3 so it is a bit crazy I have not much used it for gaming.
    Love books and old libraries and museums.
    Big art and theatre fan.
    Used to be heavily into spiritual and esoteric things, to the point I did overnight paranormal investigations and practised some mediumship and trance mediumship.
    Used to do typed roleplay on messenger, sometimes for 12 hours at a time, mostly Harry Potter though, lol.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some more friends to support and be supported by and I would love to meet some people I can relate to. So anyone LGBT, Pagan, or loves things like video gaming, roleplaying and art/music? Books? Loose-leaf tea? Geeky folks?

- Well, I'm mostly Asexual, with occasional flirtations with the Demi-sexual spectrum.
    - Christian, but I refuse to go about knocking on anyone because of their faith or non-faith.
    - I ADORE GAMES! I've played games since I was a child, starting with the NES way back in the late 1980s. I've roleplayed in WoW and Everquest, ran a few AD&D pen and paper adventures (but not frequently, as there weren't many other fans in the small towns I lived in.) and am currently chewing on Diablo 3 on the PS3.
    - Life-long lover of most music types. Also adore art, even if I'm not too good at it. Mostly, I sketch and crochet when it comes to art.
    - I love to read, but I've been short on time to actually just sit and read until just recently. I can't handle overly violent works, or certain subjects. After one scene in "Lovely Bones," I had to put it down and not pick it up. :frown:
    - I'm not much for tea, unless I'm ill. Nothing perks me up better than cinnamon tea when I have a cold! :smile:
    - Not sure I count as "geeky" but what the hey, right? ;)
  • BlackStarRanch
    Options
    So much idolatry, empty lives, hopeless opinions and beliefs. How sad the state of this world..... I went to my oldest daughter's gay wedding a few months back. The efforts to love and be loved are much tougher now than in the '60s - even WITH Nam.
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there arshness and all!

Let’s see….
    1) LGBT: None of the above? I fit into the Captain Jack Harkness category. Pulse and personality – I’d tap that. ;-)
    2) Pagan: Hard polytheist and horn carrying, Rune reading Norse Heathen (Vanatru/Asatru).
    3) Video Games: Console variety - Diablo addict, Civ., SIMS.
    4) Roleplaying: LARP/Gaming wise? Nah, unless you count being a Rennie. Cosplay? I’ve been Captain Jack Harkness and I’m putting together an Asami Soto outfit for NYCC in Oct.
    5) Art/Music: Pre-Raphaelite lover and painter of crappy modern paintings. Love music so much I scored me a musician to call my own! Woohoo!
    6) Books: Reading addict and sometimes writer (you can see a bit at my site, Crystiannia.com).
    7) Loose-leaf tea: I’m bland, prefer the instant variety with about a quarter cup of sugar. It’s a weakness. No drugs, minimal alcohol, but thick, crunchy, hot tea? It gets me. That, and chocolate milk.
    8) Geeky folks: I mentioned Captain Jack Harkness twice and I have a tattoo of the #42, so I’d say that’s a pretty safe bet to take.

~ Cheers!