Help with Losing Weight

Options
Hi! Just looking for suggestions regarding losing weight. I'm currently 133 pounds and 5'3" Last year in September I weighed 123 pounds. Not really sure how I've gaining 10 pounds. I take purre barre classes 6 days a week and do 3+ mile walks or hikes twice a week. Sometimes I take a spin class and lately I've started going to the gym and doing 45 minutes to an hour of cardio (either running, fast walking, or the elliptical). As far as food I eat the following:
A few almonds before barre class at 6 am, a green smoothie for breakfast, cut up veggies (carrots/cucumber) for a snack, lunch is 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of veggies with 1 T. of slivered almonds and 1/2 cup of beans, another green smoothie around 3:30 pm, a rice cake with almond butter and a plain Fage yogurt for dinner. I don't eat much of a dinner and never have.

My green smoothie consists of: almond milk, chia seeds, ground flax, coconut oil, a scoop of Amazing Grass protein powder, spinach, kale, 4 frozen strawberries, and a banana. I make it and split it into 2 servings for the day.

Any suggestions are welcome!! Thank you :)

Replies

• dcberlin10
    dcberlin10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would start incorporating weight lifting into your workout regimen.

I would also invest in a food scale to insure more accurate logging. Especially because the closer we get to our goal weight, typically the harder it is to reach, you have to be diligent about logging everything that goes into your mouth.

Goodluck! :flowerforyou:
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Not really sure how I've gaining 10 pounds.

You consumed 35,000 more calories then you burnt and it turned into fat.

to loose the 10 pounds burn more calories or eat less or both.

this explains it all and should be a must read read for everybody. http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Before any advice can be given, you need to get a handle on how many calories you're eating. You've provided us with lots of general info about the types of food, but until you get specifics on exactly what foods you're eating and (more importanatly) how much of those foods you're eating, any advice is going to be merely guessing.

The general answer to your question is - you're eating more calories than you're burning. That's why you've gained weight.
  • NinaK618
    Options
    Thank you, danagetshealt! I eat pretty much the same thing everyday and I added that it's around 1300-1400 calories a day. I measure everything prior to eating. Thank you for the weight lifting suggestion!! :flowerforyou:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so we can't view it. You're either eating more than you think or you are gaining some muscle (not sure how much is possible in a year),in which you would be losing major inches so the scale wouldn't matter.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Not really sure how I've gaining 10 pounds.

You consumed 35,000 more calories then you burnt and it turned into fat.

to loose the 10 pounds burn more calories or eat less or both.

this explains it all and should be a must read read for everybody. http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/

Just to put that into a daily perspective, 35,000 / 365 is 95 calories a day. Or about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.

Pretty easy to consume 100 additional calories a day even when you are trying to keep track of intake.
  • NinaK618
    Options
    Thank you Camo_xxx for breaking it down like that. Yikes, 95 calories extra a day can really add up!!