Anyone trying to increase muscle mass to lose weight?

Options
I am new to this site but not to losing weight. I started dieting after I had ballooned up to 335 (at 5'10"). Being a former marital artist and thinking i knew what to do i hit the gym.I set back out to get into shape. I went from 335 in OCT to 220 by June of the following year. Here's my problem though. I have yo-yoed between 210-250 for 3 years now. I am now back over 260 and have decided to incorporate not just diet and cardio, but maybe try some weight lifting. I am very new to weight lifting but really like it. I've been told I can't lose weight without doing cardio. Well, here i am and i'm going to test that theory to it's fullest. I will be doing a mix of fasting, LCHF diet, and powerlifting. In the past I would do a vegetarian diet, P90X, and walking/running. Don't mind the vegetarian diet but HATE cardio. Well, enough about me wish me luck and if anyone would like to befriend me on my journey (as I am new to this site) great.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight with weight training! But don't hate on cardio!! Add me if you are looking for friends!
  • bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Options
    Power lifting is the way to go. As far as cardio goes, it's not necessary for losing weight but it is good for you long term. I would suggest just finding something you can live with in terms of cardio. Whether it's hiking, biking or mma. It doesn't need to be you up on a hamster wheel.