Big be gone

Options
Hello folks. I'm a Texas native who loves meat and cake. I'm trying to become the sexiest man on the planet (ambitious? maybe). My food journal is public, so feel free to criticize.

I require lots of encouragement and love to read examples of people who've lost weight and kept it off.

Get to know me.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me:)
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Ambitious!!! :)
    Good luck!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With that positive attitude I have no doubt that you will achieve your goals! Go for it!!!
  • TheFatChronicles
    TheFatChronicles Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Done. Thank you for being a friend (in the key of golden girls)
  • TheFatChronicles
    Options
    Ambitious!!! :)
    Good luck!

Without ambition goals are wishes. An thanks for wishing me good luck.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Never met a Texan that did not like meat, and being a former one, I can totally understand the calling for that sizzli'n fired up meat. Any kind, doesn't matter, hot sizzli'n and smoking good.

Nothing wrong with big ambitions! I have a few of them myself. My biggest temptation I have each day is that from where I sit, I can see the cafeteria each day at work. I know what is down there. There is some good but bad stuff. I don't want to go down there, but it is so hard when you see people walking up and down with the delicious goodies.

My first vow of the year was, do not visit the snack machine. So far, so good.
  • støvring
    Options
    Welcome. And good luck.. Feel free to add me :)
    And yes it is an ambitious goal, but maybe that is what we all need! Ambitious goals!
  • Jennycupcakes
    Jennycupcakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm from Texas as well, (Currently living in Puerto Rico) and I miss me some Texas BBQS!! lol Good luck on reaching your goals and here is support whenever you need it!! Add me :)
  • TheFatChronicles
    Options
    Never met a Texan that did not like meat, and being a former one, I can totally understand the calling for that sizzli'n fired up meat. Any kind, doesn't matter, hot sizzli'n and smoking good.

Nothing wrong with big ambitions! I have a few of them myself. My biggest temptation I have each day is that from where I sit, I can see the cafeteria each day at work. I know what is down there. There is some good but bad stuff. I don't want to go down there, but it is so hard when you see people walking up and down with the delicious goodies.

Temptation is a mutha, ain't it? I'll encourage you to keep away from the snack machine if you think partaking in its delights will derail your fitness goals. Here's something to show that I completely empathize; each month our office holds a birthday luncheon...I plan it (cake, ice cream, the whole nine). I understand temptation.
  • TheFatChronicles
    Options
    Welcome. And good luck.. Feel free to add me :)
    And yes it is an ambitious goal, but maybe that is what we all need! Ambitious goals!

It's as ambitious as it is facetious, but then again a lot of folks with lofty ideals were ridiculed. Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • TheFatChronicles
    Options
    I'm from Texas as well, (Currently living in Puerto Rico) and I miss me some Texas BBQS!! lol Good luck on reaching your goals and here is support whenever you need it!! Add me :)

Howdy to a fellow Texan. I love BBQ more than I do money! But I can't wait to get down to PR and try the mofongo I keep hearing about.. Thanks for the support.
  • hparke
    hparke Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me - and please please tell me what grits are... :) I've only ever read them in Harper Lee! Here's to success for all of us!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options

Temptation is a mutha, ain't it? I'll encourage you to keep away from the snack machine if you think partaking in its delights will derail your fitness goals. Here's something to show that I completely empathize; each month our office holds a birthday luncheon...I plan it (cake, ice cream, the whole nine). I understand temptation.

the first vow of the year is awesome. I am working on temptation! why is it that a nice long walk up hill both ways is never tempting!!!??? or a filling and nutritious meal that take no time to prepare????
    I am learning more about pre-planning here than anything else... expecting to get hungry and have something handy that will fill whatever craving I have at the time!
  • jae351
    jae351 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello from Minnesota. I like your spirit! With encouragement and support to keep you on the right track... any goal is attainable!

I am a 37 year old mom of 1. My husband and I will celebrate 20 years of marriage next year and I would love more than anything to be as fit and healthy as I was then. Reach for the stars, right??!! :)

Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • TheFatChronicles
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!

Who needs luck when I got you guys :) Thanks.
  • TheFatChronicles
    Options
    Hello from Minnesota. I like your spirit! With encouragement and support to keep you on the right track... any goal is attainable!

I am a 37 year old mom of 1. My husband and I will celebrate 20 years of marriage next year and I would love more than anything to be as fit and healthy as I was then. Reach for the stars, right??!! :)

Best wishes to you on your journey!

Thank you very much for the well wishing. Congratulations on twenty years of (happy) marriage.
  • TheFatChronicles
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me - and please please tell me what grits are... :) I've only ever read them in Harper Lee! Here's to success for all of us!

Grits are a southern staple of warm deliciousness bathed in butter, salt & pepper or sugar. They normally accompany eggs, bacon, ham and occasionally fish. Think of them as boiled white cornmeal (grits are made from corn). Try them, you'll love them.