HELP with cereals???

Options
Hey everyone I noticed today that Iam in the minus for my sugar for the day?? I had special k Vanilla almond 1cup in the morning and nothing eles then the same for lunch, it was fast and easy...And Iam haveing salad for supper, So is there any other cereals that are better??? Should I do away with the Special K ?????

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are generally healthy, there's no reason to worry about your sugar intake. it won't affect your weight loss efforts. Focus on total calorie intake and on getting enough protein to sustain your muscles.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just stick with plain cheerios and put blueberries/strawberries/yogurt with it.
  • clestasue
    Options
    All boxed cereals are so processed. Even Kashi, looks nothing like the "natural" nutty texture it is in the box when they start. When I crave cereal, I eat old-fashioned oatmeal. And I LOVE CEREAL, but it's just too sugary, too processed, etc. to fit into what I'm trying to do. But keep in mind, I thought I was gonna knock my trainer out when he politely suggested I give up Cheerios. Cheerios!!! But then I did the research and yup, pretty unwholesome despite their excellent ad campaigns.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I was researching this just the other day.
    Found a list of top 10 cereals nutrition wise.
    I wrote down 6 of them.
    Post spoon size shredded wheat
    Kashi 7 whole grain puffs
    Kellogg's all bran original
    General Mills Cheerios
    Nature's path synergy 8
    Kellogg's unfrosted mini wheat bites

Hope this helps.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If you choose to eat packaged breakfast cereals, choose them by looking for high fiber counts and low sugar counts on the nutrition labels.

A serving of Special K Vanilla Almond has 9g of sugars and only 3g of fiber.

At the other end of the spectrum, a serving of All-Bran has only 6g of sugars and a whopping 10g of fiber.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are generally healthy, there's no reason to worry about your sugar intake. it won't affect your weight loss efforts. Focus on total calorie intake and on getting enough protein to sustain your muscles.

What she said.
  • melissamarie2196
    melissamarie2196 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much :)