Is it okay to miss 2 workouts in a row?

Options
I practice for volleyball, but I'm going to be busy today and I don't know if I can practice. I definitely cannot practice tomorrow. Is it okay to go without for two days?

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It's fine, just becareful what you eat, thats all
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Life happens if its not right infront of huge tournament then yes don't sweat it. Hit it hard another day
  • Eanna_S
    Eanna_S Posts: 6
    Options
    It's really nothing to worry about, if your busy your busy. It's not like your just not bothering or are too lazy, it's ok :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I hope so - I take a full week off every couple of months. :tongue:

As long as your coach is cool with you missing practice, you're fine. :wink:

But yeah, missing workouts here and there (or for a whole week due to a break, illness, travel, life in general) will happen - as other said it's part of life. Just get back to it when you can.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, it's really not. Being part of a team means you go to practice, you work hard and do your best. That's part of the sport.

You don't just say, "I'm busy, I'm not going." That's not how it works. It's not about you and what you want. It's about the team. Everyone has to do their part.

Go to practice.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I never workout on the weekends. They're my rest days. Monday thru Friday I workout and strength train. So yes. It's ok.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No, it's really not. Being part of a team means you go to practice, you work hard and do your best. That's part of the sport.

You don't just say, "I'm busy, I'm not going." That's not how it works. It's not about you and what you want. It's about the team. Everyone has to do their part.

Go to practice.
    +1
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Fine. If it worries you that much make up for it by adding 10 mins to your workouts, but really your body needs rest days as well.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Go to practice.

yep. agreed. it's not a workout, it's a team practice. every team i've played for if you missed 2 practices in a row without a good reason (out of town, sick, exam) then you didn't get to play in the next game. do it a few times and you'd be off the team. heck, even when we were injured we were expected to be at practices to either cheer on our teammates or serve as extra weight on the sleds
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

Go to practice.

So I guess if I were on a volleyball team and had practice tomorrow, I'd have to skip out on my cousin's funeral!

tumblr_lkxzynlMi01qbqbxfo1_500.gif

It's not like OP is skipping out on all practices or something. Life happens, man.
  • bluecat145
    bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I should have pointed out that my coaches are totally cool with me missing practice. I'm talking about as far as fitness goes.