Unconditional Support Group - January

Options

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    sincereme ... that's awesome. I know what you mean by the little changes. I'm down ½ lb. and I'm thrilled with it. Have a great day and talk to you soon. Keep on keeping on everyone.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Every little bit counts..WTG
    sincereme ... that's awesome. I know what you mean by the little changes. I'm down ½ lb. and I'm thrilled with it. Have a great day and talk to you soon. Keep on keeping on everyone.
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Every little bit really does count! Celebrate all the successes! I am home today so I hope to get in a little more exercise. I am like a magnet.....I am attracted to the refrigerator. I must keep myself busy and that will definitely help. I am going away in a little over 2 weeks and would like to be down a bit before then. I will be walking about 5 miles a day (at least) so I am glad about that! Hope you are all having a wonderful day. Very cold here, and more snow is coming!
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Where are you going??? :)
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    I'm off for my annual Disney trip! It is amazing how easy it is to walk 5 or 6 miles a day there, and when I have to walk here for exercise it seems to be a chore!! Anyway, I was hoping to be a lot thinner this year. I make these ridiculous goals and don't keep them. I think my resolution for the new year will be to look to the next week, not the next year!
  • kissyfurr3
    kissyfurr3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So, just a little check in... I have had good and bad days this past two weeks. I think I am going to buy all snacks and sweets in 100 calorie packs. Even though they are a little more expensive, it should keep me on track a bit more as I have a HORRIBLE problem with portion control in snacks. I joined the free gym and have been once this week, the snow has given me a little work out with all the snoveling I have done this week!

As for my goals I have:
    1. Found that eating at the table is not fun as I live alone (and now there is a sewing machine there). I don't want to make mealtime dull, which will make me eat a subotimal meal which may lead to increased snacking.... so I am eating while watching TV but keeping the food in the kitchen and only eating a normal portion.
    2. I don't eat at the computer anymore!
    3. I am working up to a full pilates workout, but I did join the gym and went once this week!

I hope everyone is having a good month!
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick update. Things seem to be coming a little easier since the new year. My eating and lack of exercising was so out of control from about mid November until the new year. It got so bad I was feeling ill. Since the new year I'm back to tracking my meals and exercising. Today was a little disappointing ... Was hoping to try something different to burn calories so I called on my inner child, I got my HRM on, found an old scarf, hat, and mittens, got a carrot out of the fridge, bundled up and headed out to make a snowman. It's not packing snow so it's just not happening. I was looking forward to logging how many calories I burned building a snowman. Oh well ... there's still some winter left right? I hope you're all doing okay ... I love it when we all report and support one another. How are you all doing?
    snowman3.png
  • amj56
    amj56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I was reading an article in a magazine this weekend titled " The 10 Commandments of Healthy Living". I loved the title. So below are the 10 Commandments.

1) - Thou Shalt not Diet .
    2) - Thou Shalt learn to make wise Choices.
    3) - Thou Shalt fit fitness into ones life simply by becoming more active.
    4) - Thou Shalt maintain a positive attitude.
    5) - Thou Shalt be realistically goal-oriented.
    6) - Thou shalt learn to destress relax and enjoy life.
    7) - Thou shalt laugh every day!
    8) - Thou shalt love oneself unconditionally.
    9) - Thou shalt focus on today, on the present on the now.
    10) - Thou shalt drink more water everyday to fulfill nutritional needs.

Any of these sound familiar. Have a Great Day!!!!

Ann
  • amj56
    Options
    Kissyfur3,

You have made some good choices with eating in the kitchen and not at the counter. Getting exercise in. Shoveling snow is exercise, not fun but exercise.

Keep positive.

My goal this week is to move everyday.

Ann
  • Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am new to the site and I love the name of this group! We all need unconditional support :)
    my personal goals for this week are:
    - eating only when hungry (and not when I am emotionally challenged)
    - stopping when feeling full
    - going to the gym 3 times

Good luck everyone!
  • kissyfurr3
    Options
    Hi Camous,

Those are GREAT goals... maybe I will steal them for next month! Let me know what helps you decide when you are hungry and when you are emotionally eating. I walked into the kitchen yesterday and said, I am just bored... so I walked out and found something to do. Hope that happens more often!

Have a great day!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, haven't stopped by in awhile!

Kissyfurr, I have a sewing machine on my dining room table too :)

Jan--totally jealous of your Disney trip! I bought an annual pass to Disneyland when I went for my birthday last month, but I need to find more Disney dates! My boyfriend can only handle about one trip a year (shocking we've made it five years), and my birthday used up his one time :) And I definitely agree--walking around a Disney park is by FAR my favorite way to burn calories!

I'm still plugging through my P90X, but the motivation to stick with it is TOUGH. I'm so glad I have MFP to keep me on track with that stuff (in another P90X-specific topic). But I now have the end in sight (I'm on day 59 of 90).

Hope everyone is having a great and highly motivated week!
  • Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey Kissyfur!

Thanks! I will steal your advice too. Finding something else to do is a great trick.
    Another one is drinking water or making tea when I feel that I want to eat but I am not hungry. Amazingly, that often clears my mind and gives me time to re-focus on my goals. Let me know if that works for you too!
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Ooh .. I'm going to make some tea right now!

JAN! I am a fellow Disney fanatic :) Are you going to World or Land? Last year we actually ended up going to both, ha! We went to Land in August and World in October. We like to stay on property, so this time we stayed at the Grand Californian at Land and the Wilderness Lodge at World (our favorite one). Tell me what your favorite things are to do while you are there?!

Well 5.5 of the 6 that I gained over the holidays is now back off in never never land! Yahoooo for me :)

I'm glad to see a few new people popping up! I'm so proud of you KissyFur for realizing you weren't actually hungry - just bored and walking out of the kitchen! Bravo!! That is quite an achievement :)

How is everyone else doing?
  • amj56
    Options
    HI Deb,

Glade to see you posting. Good job on your progress of losing.

I am getting motivated. I so hate this cold weather.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ann
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join??

January is a week away from coming to an end..
  • kissyfurr3
    Options
    Sharina - it is never too late to join! Welcome!

I am jelaous of everyone's Disney talk... I think I may have to plan a trip in June, after graduation as a reward for making it through. This week I have lost no weight, even with the addition of exercise. So, my new goal is to drink those 8 glasses of water a day AND eat when I am hungry and not just because I have calories "left".

Hope everyone is having a wonderful January!
  • amj56
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. Make sure you write it down. Something about seeing it in writing. Also, I have noticed when I don't keep track of what I eat I go crazy. So I have been writing it down.

Hope everyone has a SUPER week.

Ann
  • magglett
    Options
    I don't seem to be getting on here much lately ... sorry about that. Things are progressing nicely. Eating mostly right, exercising pretty much daily, and enjoying life in general. Hit my 10 lb. loss this week and also entered ONEderland again. I hope you're all doing okay.

60.gif
  • amj56
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! Congrats!!!! Happy Dance for you!!!!!!!

Ann:flowerforyou: :happy: