You favorite protein powders?

I haven't had any ever yet, planning to buy some for shakes & protein pancakes!!! :D

for reference, I've only ever had Pure Protein protein bars (and I reaaaaally like them - maybe a tad too sweet though)

suggestions please!

PS: please ballpark the PRICE
PPS: where do you buy it? online? in stores?
PPPS: do you know if its available in Canada?

Replies

• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Someone suggested Beverly internation UMP Vanilla. I have had it the last two days and love it! The taste is very vanilla :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Trutein Red Velvet Cake.

It's amazing.
  • Sthere
    Sthere Posts: 59 Member
    I really like spirutein gold, which is pea, chia and flax protein. It comes in a ton of flavors, I've had Strawberry and Cherry Chocolate both good

I am trying out Shakeology right now, I like it, but expensive
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Muscle Feast 100% Protein Isolate - Non-Flavoured
    Designer Whey Protein To Go - Drink Mix - Mixed Berry
    Bob's Red Mill Whey Protein Concentrate
    Bob's Red Mill Hemp Protein Powder
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    EAS 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla - I add banana, unsweetened cocoa powder and peanut butter for a tasty, filling protein shake! It's reasonably price and you can pick it up at Target. = $19.99

I also like Syntax Cappuccino - taste great!! - I've only found it online and its around $35. - check out vitacost.com

I haven't tried it but I've heard good things about Optimum Nutrition Protein Powders.
  • dianagodal
    dianagodal Posts: 2 Member
    I'm just getting started with protein powder so I can't really speak for the quality or value yet, but the ANS Power Maxx they sell at GNC tastes amazing. So far I've had Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Cookies and Cream, and they all taste great. I blend 2 scoops with baby spinach, flax or chia seeds, almond milk, and water (add half a banana if you need more sweetness but I think the powder adds plenty). The GNC I go to always has one or two of them mixed up for you to sample so you can try before you buy.
  • kawasakininja13
    kawasakininja13 Posts: 20 Member
    ON Gold Standard 100 % Whey Protein > Coffee and Mocha Cappucino flavours are the best!
  • I heard UNJURY PROTEIN POWDER IS REALLY GOOD FOR YOU ,
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Cellucor

Bodybuilding.com

I bought it in a package but I think it was about$25 a tub.
  • jkane1992
    jkane1992 Posts: 259 Member
    My protein - Impact whey protein... keeps me lean, and looks after my muscles!
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Isopure Perfect - I prefer the Dutch Chocolate Low Carb, and I buy the Chocolate Meal replacement for my wife as she can use the extra carbs. I spend roughly $100 on 7.5-8.8 lbs, relatively speaking, and I'll price check multiple online sites but usually buy it off of eBay. My guess is that you could get it in Canada, but you'd likely have to pay more for shipping. Its a pretty big bucket and one for each of us will last us several months.

Isopure Perfect mixes better than any other protein I've tried, and the taste is also much better. Its hard to go back to even try anything else now (and my employer makes another very large named brand...)
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Cytosport 100% Whey. Mixes exceptionally well, tastes great and is very economical. A 6 lb bag costs about $50 at Costco if I remember correctly. 27g of protein per scoop.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    JayRobb Egg white protein powder - only one that doesn't wake the gritty belly. :drinker:
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Raw protein in vanilla - $30. Has alot of healthy stuff in it. Little bit gritty taste though but not that noticeable in smoothies.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/garden-of-life-raw-protein-vanilla-631-g-powder/gu-7030
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    I've been using the EAS Lean 15 for a while. I've been pretty pleased with it. Tastes fine, blends well, not gritty. Particularly tasty when mixed with vanilla almond milk.

http://www.amazon.com/EAS-Protein-Powder-Vanilla-Cream/dp/B007XASQDS
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    I really like Paleo Protein Powder- and I usually buy in either the unflavored for baking or chocolate for shakes. JayRobb Egg white is pretty good too. they both run about $30-40 in price.