Skinny... but flabby?

Options
Okay so I lost 50lbs and now Im at 160ish weight wise at 6 foot. So Im called skinny and I agree, but at the same time my stomach jiggles when ever I touch it, but Im skinny.... What do I do to get rid of this?

Replies

• TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you may be "skinny fat". Which more or less means you don't have a lot of fat but you also don't have much muscle. If that's the case, lifting weights may be your best bet.

Here is a website that may assist you:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/body-composition-numbers.html

Good Luck
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    http://www.muscleforlife.com/how-to-get-rid-of-loose-skin-after-weight-loss/

I just read this today and thought it provided some good info.
  • iandroid989
    iandroid989 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep sounds like my old weight loss plan, you need to hit the weights and make sure you get a good % of protein in your calories.
  • NagromXIV
    NagromXIV Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you may be "skinny fat". Which more or less means you don't have a lot of fat but you also don't have much muscle. If that's the case, lifting weights may be your best bet.

Here is a website that may assist you:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/body-composition-numbers.html

Good Luck
    Funny thing is Ive been working out for almost 6 months, barely missing days.
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Yep sounds like my old weight loss plan, you need to hit the weights and make sure you get a good % of protein in your calories.
    Oh, and I have. How much does protein do by itself?
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    And just wondering, how much fat would u say u should be able to grab to be considered "sknny fat"? like inches wise from pinching
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Good Luck

working out how? PIcking up heavy things and putting them down again... multiple times...?
  • NagromXIV
    Options

Good Luck

working out how? PIcking up heavy things and putting them down again... multiple times...?
    If youre wondering about core training, i have a routine I switch up. Right now I do 50 Half sit-ups, then switch to 20 leglifts straight up immediantly. Then I go to planks for 30 seconds and stay in that position for spider man crunches. Then Ill do a super man for 30 seconds, and the hold a chest lift for 3 seconds ten times. THen Ill use a bowflex (currently lifting 150) for 100 reps in one set, and I do two sets. Then back to plank for 30 seconds, more spider man crunches 20 btw. then Ill do 15 more liglifts which is usually my fatigue point. Then Ill lift barbells at 18lbs each for ten minutes steady pace. Then Ill keep them and do 100 calf raises with them on my shoulder. Then switch to 20 sqauts. And finish with another plank and a leglift hold for 30 seconds. This usually adds up to 40 minutes no breaks.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights 3-4 times a week and eat at a slight calorie surplus. You'll put on some muscle and fill out better and get rid of the flab.
  • trogalicious
    Options

Good Luck

If youre wondering about core training, i have a routine I switch up. Right now I do 50 Half sit-ups, then switch to 20 leglifts straight up immediantly. Then I go to planks for 30 seconds and stay in that position for spider man crunches. Then Ill do a super man for 30 seconds, and the hold a chest lift for 3 seconds ten times. THen Ill use a bowflex (currently lifting 150) for 100 reps in one set, and I do two sets. Then back to plank for 30 seconds, more spider man crunches 20 btw. then Ill do 15 more liglifts which is usually my fatigue point. Then Ill lift barbells at 18lbs each for ten minutes steady pace. Then Ill keep them and do 100 calf raises with them on my shoulder. Then switch to 20 sqauts. And finish with another plank and a leglift hold for 30 seconds. This usually adds up to 40 minutes no breaks.
    I'm not asking about core training. Has nothing to do with pudge around your stomach.

Look into Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5. It sounds like you're just doing weighted cardio at this point.

Pick up heavy things. Put them back down again. If you're doing 100 reps, it isn't heavy enough.
  • NagromXIV
    Options

Good Luck

I'm not asking about core training. Has nothing to do with pudge around your stomach.

Look into Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5. It sounds like you're just doing weighted cardio at this point.

Pick up heavy things. Put them back down again. If you're doing 100 reps, it isn't heavy enough.
    Thx I will. So is that seriously an effective method? xD
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Start lifting weights 3-4 times a week and eat at a slight calorie surplus. You'll put on some muscle and fill out better and get rid of the flab.
    I lift more like 4-5. But its that calories that get me... Im worried about consuming more, cause I dont want to get fat again. SO I usually end up eating around 2000 or slightly less. Ik thats minimum for someone whos 6 foot
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I lift more like 4-5. But its that calories that get me... Im worried about consuming more, cause I dont want to get fat again. SO I usually end up eating around 2000 or slightly less. Ik thats minimum for someone whos 6 foot
    Dude, I eat 2000 cals a day and I'm a 46 year old woman. :tongue: And I lose fat doing that.

I also use 30lb dumbbells - if I had access to the big barbells, I'd be lifting heavier, but I do the best I can with what I've got. You can do better!

Listen to the advice you've been given - eat well - I mean WELL, not bare minimum. And look into one of the weight programs mentioned in previous posts.

Good luck!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Just do Stronglifts.
  • iandroid989
    iandroid989 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HEAVY weights, low reps, surplus calories, made up of at least 1gm of protein per lean body mass i.e try and figure out your body fat % and deduct your pounds of fat from your total weight giving you lean body mass. Try adding Protein supplements, i do use Creatine which seems to give me additional strength to lift those weights.

I've done the skinny fat thing and its disheartening, now I'm on the Heavy weight, low rep, high protein plan. While I am still creating a small deficit, my muscles look like they are getting bigger, in effect because everything else is getting smaller it has the effect of making my muscles look bigger, a much better look that creates motivation rather than the demotivating "skinny fat" look.
  • ShinjiruGhetto
    Options
    HEAVY weights, low reps, surplus calories, made up of at least 1gm of protein per lean body mass i.e try and figure out your body fat % and deduct your pounds of fat from your total weight giving you lean body mass. Try adding Protein supplements, i do use Creatine which seems to give me additional strength to lift those weights.

I've done the skinny fat thing and its disheartening, now I'm on the Heavy weight, low rep, high protein plan. While I am still creating a small deficit, my muscles look like they are getting bigger, in effect because everything else is getting smaller it has the effect of making my muscles look bigger, a much better look that creates motivation rather than the demotivating "skinny fat" look.
    I've came here to say exact same thing, listen to this man.
  • NagromXIV
    Options

How would Ik if Im truely skinny fat? Cause I just took a test with a tape measure and got "13%" body fat at 160lbs and 6 foot tall.
  • trogalicious
    Options

How would Ik if Im truely skinny fat? Cause I just took a test with a tape measure and got "13%" body fat at 160lbs and 6 foot tall.
    so let's rethink this.
    you don't like that your stomach jiggles when you touch it.
    Listen to everyone that's telling you to eat a little above TDEE and lift HEAVY weights.

or, you can ponder about what some online test tells you. One will get results, the other will just leave you asking more questions.
  • NagromXIV
    Options

so let's rethink this.
    Listen to everyone that's telling you to eat a little above TDEE and lift HEAVY weights.

or, you can ponder about what some online test tells you. One will get results, the other will just leave you asking more questions.
    Okay thx, man
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

so let's rethink this.

Slam_Dunk.gif