Mini goals and rewards

Options
What are yours?

My first mini goal is 159, only because I'm out of the 160s and would have lost 10 pounds at that point. I'm a little over 3 away!

My first mini reward is at 155 and it's a nice hair color and cut.

Second mini goal is 149, same reason as the first.

I'm hoping by 145 I can get a few new clothes in a smaller size as my second reward

Third mini goal is 139

And then my first end goal is 135. I may readjust and keep going because 135 on a 5'2 person is still overweight but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Do you do mini goals and rewards?

Replies

• vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do many mini goals, and a big goal for the future/long run. I don't get the reward until I reach the big goal :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I reward myself everyday with a little chocolate.
    Seriously, when I started I had a goal, a weight I wanted to be, now, I want more. I want to be toned and muscular and look like Em and Stef. When I get there I'm going to reward myself by wearing an actual bikini with no shorts on, outside of my backyard!
  • skyytlz
    skyytlz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i realised i was like.. 28 pounds lighter this past weekend, and though i didn;t set it as a reward weight, i bought like,.. 40 dollars worth of new tea. i used to do this but now i figure this can be a motivator rather than an all the time thing. haha. in fun fact. one is a blueberry pie flavor, which ive been wanting pie for awhile.. bonus points!
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I had to get new clothes for work when my old ones started hanging on me. I didn't really have those clothes listed as a reward because I needed them for work, but I did just treat myself to new workout clothes. I totally believe in rewarding myself. I believe my next reward will be a pair of properly fitted running shoes.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I realized that I always just award myself things whenever I want...So I've been trying to hold out on a mani-pedi until I reach my next goal, about 2-3 pounds away. Honestly it's going really slowly and my nails are looking gnarly so I'm probably just going to go.

I think If I get under 145 by the end of september I'll buy a new leather jacket :) I already have one (cause I treat myself) but meh! 2 leather jackets are better than 1.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I set mini goals every 5 pounds, for right now every 5 weeks. Depending on how I do with mini goal #1 I will adjust it, but think 1lb a week is a feasible goal for me. My goal weight weigh in is close to my 10th anniversary. If I make it by then I will buy myself something really cute to wear out for our anniversary!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    mini reward = a new 'little' tattoo
    Major reward = a new 'big' tattoo

Yeah, I have the bug, very addictive
  • melodylou
    melodylou Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I saw your post. I set mini goals of losing 5% of my weight. But I haven't been rewarding myself? Why not? Maybe I feel I don't deserve rewards but of course I do! So now to think about my rewards!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I used the mini goals to pull myself out of a rut. 149 was a new laptop and 145 will be something that's not a necessity at all - a ring. I almost returned the computer because the buying experience sucked! It was like come on! This was meant to be a milestone celebration, I should be super happy while getting my shiny new toy. But I got over it I suppose; the computer is nice :smile: After those I'm not sure I'll do mini goals
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The whole Reward thing doesn't work for me. Honestly, if I didn't want to lose the weight, I'd just get the haircut, anyway. If I'd cheat on the health, I'd cheat on the reward, too.

The weight loss is it's own reward.

New clothes are a requirement, so that is a reward, too - being in a smaller size, looking better in the clothes.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    The whole Reward thing doesn't work for me. Honestly, if I didn't want to lose the weight, I'd just get the haircut, anyway. If I'd cheat on the health, I'd cheat on the reward, too.

New clothes are a requirement, so that is a reward, too - being in a smaller size, looking better in the clothes.

Well I mean you know yourself best, but the two items you've listed - clothes and a haircut. Those are things you'd do fairly regularly anyway. What if the reward was something you seldom, or have never had or done? Could be enough to get uniquely excited I wonder, compared to well if I hit my goal I'll get my teeth cleaned :bigsmile:
  • RockinShan
    RockinShan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do mini goals for every 10lbs I have rewards planned out. For my first (160lbs) was a haircut, had been 2 yrs since I had one and I dislike my hair anything but short lol. My next goal (150lbs) will be prof pics with my kiddos, haven't done any with all of us since my seperation. The next one will be, funny enough, a gym membership and a spa day with my daughter(never done before). When I hit 130lbs I like the idea of treating myself to a toy, a tablet of some sort. And when I hit my final goal (120lbs), wardrobe and going to meet my boyfriend/soulmate/bestfriend of 4 years in person for the first time :heart:

Typing/writing them out reinforces everything too! Excellent thread :drinker:
  • Kalikel
    Options

Well I mean you know yourself best, but the two items you've listed - clothes and a haircut. Those are things you'd do fairly regularly anyway. What if the reward was something you seldom, or have never had or done? Could be enough to get uniquely excited I wonder, compared to well if I hit my goal I'll get my teeth cleaned :bigsmile:
    I'm happy with what I have now, I don't want more or better.

If I did want something, I'd just get it, anyway. Like I said, if I cheated on the health, I'd cheat on the reward, too.

But if it works for someone else, I'm all for it!!!

Losing weight is a huge deal for me, so it really is a reward in and of itself. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

If I did want something, I'd just get it, anyway. Like I said, if I cheated on the health, I'd cheat on the reward, too.

Losing weight is a huge deal for me, so it really is a reward in and of itself. :)

I understand, and congrats on your success thus far! I also simply took the opportunity to share an alternate thought process on rewards. I completely understand that you wouldn't feel the need to change what's working :smile:
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My reward to myself is pretty clothes :)
  • Kalikel
    Options

I understand, and congrats on your success thus far! I also simply took the opportunity to share an alternate thought process on rewards. I completely understand that you wouldn't feel the need to change what's working :smile:
    I came back to this because I was thinking about it as I cleaned my scale, lol.

I do have a thing. It's more goal than reward, but can fit both columns, really.

There is a thing near me where you can go for a ride in a race car. They have a thing where you can drive it, but I'd crash for sure and wanted to do the one where someone else (who knows how) drives the car and you just get to sit there and experience it. Very awesome!

But they make you CLIMB into the car, Dukes of Hazzard or Jesse Pinkman style. I wasn't even sure I'd fit and even if I did, the spectacle of my fat *kitten* doing it...No. Thanks.

So, when I'm skinny, I am going to go do that.

It was less goal/reward and more, "Ooh, I'll be able to do that now!", but it kind of counts. Maybe. I think.

:D
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    My first mini-goal was 20 pounds so of course I have been stuck at this weight for about two weeks. :grumble:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    And then my first end goal is 135. I may readjust and keep going because 135 on a 5'2 person is still overweight but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

What makes you say that? I've been 136 and I've been lower but my understanding is 136 is at the high end of normal for our height. (Based on both BMI and weight charts.)
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

I came back to this because I was thinking about it as I cleaned my scale, lol.

I do have a thing. It's more goal than reward, but can fit both columns, really.

There is a thing near me where you can go for a ride in a race car. They have a thing where you can drive it, but I'd crash for sure and wanted to do the one where someone else (who knows how) drives the car and you just get to sit there and experience it. Very awesome!

But they make you CLIMB into the car, Dukes of Hazzard or Jesse Pinkman style. I wasn't even sure I'd fit and even if I did, the spectacle of my fat *kitten* doing it...No. Thanks.

So, when I'm skinny, I am going to go do that.

It was less goal/reward and more, "Ooh, I'll be able to do that now!", but it kind of counts. Maybe. I think.

:D

Yeah! That's a reward. Just a different way to look at it!