A mini victory - my old rival the jeans...

llaurall
llaurall Posts: 32
edited September 23 in Success Stories
Just over a year ago from today, bordering at 210 lbs, I was in the fitting rooms battling it out with a pair of UK size 12 j(USA size 10) jeans. A sample of the thoughts I conjured up to myself were "when did I put on so much weight?" "I swear I was a size 12 just the other day" and "the sizing in this shop must be wrong. It wasn't.

I bought them anyway, out of stubbornness, denial and most of all shame. I felt embarrassed to even ask the assistant for a larger size. So I made a commitment whilst waiting in the shopping queue to wear these jeans and hopefully not regret a wasteful expense.

Few months down the line, they remained in my wardrobe, price tag still intact and no closer to slipping into them. My mother insisted many times that I just return them to the shop. Probably the sensible thing to do. I did the insensible thing, ripped the tag off and simply replied no. To throw them away was to give up and admit failure and I knew I was better than that. July was really the stepping stone where the pounds finally began to shift.

A year ago I couldn't even get these suckers past my mid-thigh. Today I've won. Standing at 175.2 lbs, they slipped, buttoned and zipped up smoothly and effortlessly. I've still got 7lbs to go. But today is the first time I can actually see the finish line in front of me.

We all have had our own little struggles and to each and every victory you deserve an applause. For every setback is an even bigger accomplishment awaiting to embrace you.

Never give up because the rewards make the fight worth it a hundred times over.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!