Sweet Tooth Ideas

Options
Please help!! I have a HUGE sweet tooth and sometimes i get these really big cravings that I need something sweet. I try to eat fruit but it doesn't work all the time :( Any suggestions to help??

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches!!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you mean. I have those too. Whenever I want something sweet, I eat a little bit, but try not to go overboard. All things in moderation, right?
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    Fber one bars .:smile:
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I feel the same! I'd love to have more tips as well.

What I do right now is buy a bag of frozen mangoes and frozen berries. Put about a cup into a bowl and let it thaw just a little. If I feel like a big snack to, I make a smoothie with light vanilla soy milk and a half a banana.
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    quakers chocolate crunch rice cakes with peanut butter..... kinda like a guilty free way of having a reese peanut butter cup!!!! approx 154 calories
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free pudding. I like the Boston Cream Pie. Super decadent and only 60 calories.
    I also like the yoplait delights lemon torte yogurt. It tastes just like a lemon pie. Those always get me through an emergency craving.
  • rrobertson314
    Options
    Sometimes I Have pudding! Jello fat free istant pudding, 5 mins and its ready! maybe not the most healthy but low in calories when your in need of SWEET! I crave chocolate frequently and it's a good fall back. Sorry if you were looking for a healthy alternative!! lol
  • blakjac6
    Options
    "smart lite" bread with nutella :)
  • danyelpink
    danyelpink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Individually wrapped candies... like Dove chocolates. Sometimes a Lifesaver candy or a candy cane helps, and those are low calories. Sometimes I eat Nutella on toast for breakfast... YUM.
  • momma85
    momma85 Posts: 17
    Options
    yogurt sometimes works... or at the very least will make you feel sick enough that you don't want to eat anything else... @_@
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    Have you heard/read that sweet cravings can be caused by not having enough protein in your diet? I have a massive sweet tooth, so I'm trying to remedy it without giving in to the sweet cravings... It's working so far! I haven't craved chocolate in a few days!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5042151_stop-sugar-cravings.html
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth too. I discovered last night that Apple sliced thinly and dipped in Dream whip takes care of my need to munch (like chips) and the sweet tooth, the dream whip is reasonably low cal too.
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    healthy fruit smoothies ( I make mine with soy milk, two fruits (about a half a cup of each), vanilla, yogurt, and a little protein shake liquid
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My Favorite is No Pudge Fudge cause you can make single servings and it doesnt take up to many calories!! it does the trick!!
  • johnnya2
    Options
    If I have a craving for something more candy bar like, I will have a protein bar. (300 calories). If it I am looking for something colder I go for tart frozen yogurt smoothies from Swirlberry (about 400 calories). These usually do the trick. If I do not have enough calories available for the day, I will go to Apple Cinnamon rice cakes )50 calories). Of course any fresh fruit will work, though I prefer fresh strawberries sprinkled with a small amount of Stevia
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    oooh am I allowed to say actual candy?? that's low fat? because I like 3 muskateers mini snack size bars. Fig newton cookies (figs inside a cookie) 90 cals for 2 cookies and very very sweet. Jello pudding cups, sugar free, are very decadent and chocolately for only 60 cals. I got some Frozen Artic faux ice cream today in maple vanilla flavor and it's 150 cals for a pint. Can't think of anything else :-)
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    quakers chocolate crunch rice cakes with peanut butter..... kinda like a guilty free way of having a reese peanut butter cup!!!! approx 154 calories

I second that! rice cakes are 50 cals each and sweet and if you need more you can add peanut butter or nutella mmmmmmmmmmm
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I eat Nabisco 100 cal Mister Salty Milk Chocolate Pretzels. Love them and they are the perfect size for a snack. :) I also agree with everything everyone has said already. What great ideas! :)
  • TanyaH321
    TanyaH321 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My go to sweet thangs are my no sugar added fudgesicles. They are only 40 calories and 2 g of fat in 1 bar. That has really helped me when I was something chocolately at night (which is alot!). Good luck in finding what works for you.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate