Friends with 1200-1500 calorie diets

Options
13»

Replies

• ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just do some more cardio and you can ate more and be fine.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    According to MFP, my maintenance level is at 1650 kcal, so I am here for the long run...
    First set at 1200 kcal, no longer starving at 1300 kcal, so that is what I aim for. Slowly, very slowly, losing the weight.

I am for the moment searching for an alternative to pasta. I love it, but it is so expensive calorie-wise.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm 1400 but up to 1600+ on days I run. I like to think I eat fairly well, I make practically all my meals from scratch but I tend to go over on fat regularly.
  • juneduggan1981
    juneduggan1981 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am 1400 daily (although the goal via mfp is 1200 way too low). I am not the cleanest of eaters and have been managing so far to stay under calories. Only been doing it for 2 weeks. Last week lost 4lbs, great but due to get weighed tonight but im in for a gain according to my scales but will wait and see.

I will add you and you can look at my diary but as i said not the best but going to try and focus on fat, carbs and protein intake and stick to my targets

June x
  • DeanWallbit
    DeanWallbit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's also my target net calorie :-)
  • Brunette_H
    Brunette_H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have added you, as I'm on 1230 a day, although I also eat back approx 50% of my exercise calories.

Anybody else please feel free to add me too. I cook most of my meals from scratch and, while not banning them by any means, I am trying to be careful about my carb levels.
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I set mine at 1600 because i am also doing Insanity, but i rarely go over 1400. I fall between 1200-1500 your welcome to add me =)
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just reduced mine back to 1280/day as I wasn't losing and know this was the key. I'm very active at work but I think the calories were to high despite the activity. Feel free to see my diary (I do have bad days once in a while :)) and add me as a friend! Melinda
  • angelabethb
    angelabethb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    MFP has me at 1400 calories a day because I'm sedentary at my job. It's difficult because I'm used to eating so many calories. But I try to eat as many veggies and lean meats as possible because they are low-cal and keep me full! The worst are high carb foods because they're calories dense and leave me hungry in a few hours! Also, don't drink your calories. I always go over if I drink alcohol or soda. Another thing that helps is planning out my meals. I do that every night before I go to bed, plan my meals for the next day, with a little wiggle room just in case I need an extra piece of fruit at the end of the day. Feel free to add me and take a look at my diary!

Oh, cardio does wonders! If I have a half hour of cardio, it gives me back some calories without the hunger!
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, if you'd like. I have about 20-25 pounds to lose. I'm aiming for 1200-1400 calories a day.
  • olgasgarden
    olgasgarden Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    MFP has me at 1260 and i am struggling with these numbers.
    my current "philosophy" is that i need to run so that i can eat (adopted this "philosophy" from a friend).
    i am at 195 now and my goal is 160. i am 5' 7" been at it for 6 weeks now.
    Feel free to add me and take a look at my diary!
    I mostly try to eat raw veg/fruit and lean protein. Miserably failing on water consumption though :)
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too - I aim to have anywhere from 1,200 - 1,350 depending on my exercise for the day. I love looking at other diaries for ideas as well. I eat clean for the most part.
  • bonneycc
    bonneycc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm set at 1550 and mostly stay under unless I exercise. I eat normal stuff except I cut back on fried foods. French fries are the only things I allow. I drink mostly water too. It has helped a lot. I was a diehard sweet tea drinker. I do my best to monitor the counts, especially when eating out.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add my M&M snarfing self, or simply view my boring ole diary. I'm right in there every day.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    mfp reduced me from 1640 to 1480. that small decrease due to reducing weight makes a huge difference.
    i do exercise on average 1000 cals daily tho and eat back about 20-30% now.
    diary is open. feel free to browse or add me.