New here - Saturday Evening Cravings now arriving

Options
Hi!

Just started yesterday. Met my goal for yesterday and am holding out on sweets to meet it today. Weekends are going to be HARD. I can tell.

Need to lose 15 lbs and strongly dislike exercise. I am realizing I used to eat A LOT of food and dieting is HARD. But, I am hopeful and am practicing calorie CONTROL.

Good luck all! So glad there is a free program out there that helps me to actively count calories and open my eyes to what I am putting into my body. :)

Thanks!

Replies

• SummerTimePrincess
    Options
    Hello I'm new here too! I keep thinking about that ice cream in my freezer.. MMhh!! But if I wanna lose the pounds, I have to learn to control my appeitite!! :D
  • peaches32684
    peaches32684 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Im fairly new, I have tried this before and just didnt care. Im back and have been doing better!! Dont think of this as a "diet", think of it as a lifestyle change. Just try to add more "good for you" foods and slowly weed out the bad ones. If you go cold turkey on the sweets you will just crave them more. Have some in moderation, dont deprive yourself and you will be fine. If you need any motivation or just a chat you can add me.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I find that exercise can just about kill any craving known to man! If you do some heavy exercise before the evening you shouldnt feel nearly as partial to some un healthy snacks! good luck! :)
  • cpope1
    cpope1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new too. Usually do weight watchers online which is great, but trying to avoid the charge. This is a really neat website so far (day two!) Sweets are my culprit. Trying to look at it as being healthier not just losing some weight.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Im fairly new, I have tried this before and just didnt care. Im back and have been doing better!! Dont think of this as a "diet", think of it as a lifestyle change. Just try to add more "good for you" foods and slowly weed out the bad ones. If you go cold turkey on the sweets you will just crave them more. Have some in moderation, dont deprive yourself and you will be fine. If you need any motivation or just a chat you can add me.

ITA!

I have some sugar free popsicles that I always keep in the freezer. That helps me with the sweet cravings. I also had a snack size bag of mini oreos today. It was the only junk food I ate all week I think. I'm not going to say I'm never going to eat another cookie again because there is no way I could stick to that. I will just eat one cookie instead of 5. i think it's all about moderation.
  • frgnadorbl
    Options
    i also just joined last week. a few people have commented about WW. i've noticed that this is VERY similar to the WW site, only instead of logging points, it's calories! also, it's free...so that's a big draw for me! i was actually going to rejoin WW in february, but a friend of mine is on MFP, so i thought i'd give it a shot!

i have some popsicles in the freezer as well...real fruit bars. for some reason i'm coming in WAY under my calories (by like 300 daily, so i don't know how i'm so darn fat when i haven't really changed anything i'm eating! LOL!) so the extra calories don't bother me. i just get some fruit and puree it, stick it in popsicle molds, and there you have it! it's a great way to get in another serving of fruit, and they're delicious!

now if i could just give up my scale addiction...