Cheat week alright??

Options
I have been dieting for about 2 and a half months. I just went on a 1 week vacation and I figured that cheating during this week won't do much damage. I have so far lost around 15 pounds and I am proud of it. I just got back from my vacation and I feel like i have gained 10 pounds! I feel like my legs have stretched out and my stomach also feels like it got 10 x bigger. I feel like i have messed up everything. I'm hoping all of this is in my head and I don't look the way I see myself in the mirror. Is it possible to gain lots of weight from doing this? Could i have noticeably gained weight in 1 week?

Replies

• myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You may (probably) have gained some weight back. You won't have gained 10 pounds!

Apparently if you start overeating your body sometimes retains more water (to deal with the extra salt intake, etc.). So get back to watching what you eat, and see how things go in a couple of weeks.

You've probably gained a couple of pounds, but hopefully it was worth it to enjoy yourself and eat what you wanted on holiday - now get back on track. :)
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I gained a kilo on a weeks holiday, by the end of the week I came back lost 2 kilos.

Just carry on as you were and it will sort itself out ;).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting for about 2 and a half months. I just went on a 1 week vacation and I figured that cheating during this week won't do much damage. I have so far lost around 15 pounds and I am proud of it. I just got back from my vacation and I feel like i have gained 10 pounds! I feel like my legs have stretched out and my stomach also feels like it got 10 x bigger. I feel like i have messed up everything. I'm hoping all of this is in my head and I don't look the way I see myself in the mirror. Is it possible to gain lots of weight from doing this? Could i have noticeably gained weight in 1 week?

why dont you just weigh yourself to find out?
  • Muchaneta1305
    Options
    You shouldnt worry too much. A little vacation is alright...its what you do after that matters really!!!Work it off...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I gained a kilo on a weeks holiday, by the end of the week I came back lost 2 kilos.

Just carry on as you were and it will sort itself out ;).

2nd the sorting itself out. It's good to take a break periodically - once a week or bi-weekly, or a week at a time every few months. I'm on a diet break atm eating at maintenance. Most people note that they lose any weight they did gain (usually water weight) while eating more calories once they go back to their normal deficit. Lots of people use this as a way to help boost fat loss when they plateau.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

why dont you just weigh yourself to find out?

Good thinking Robin!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's the reverse of crash dieting...once you go back to eating the way you were the weight will drop again.
  • IRLACTCYD
    Options
    Don't worry about water under the bridge. In any given moment, the most important thing is what you do next. Get back on track and don't look back.