Options

Replies

• rahul_g
    rahul_g Posts: 2
    Options
  • rahul_g
    rahul_g Posts: 2
    Options
    ACTUALLY SPENDING MONEY ON THIS IS A WASTE. .Keeping a count on your regular diet , exercising daily , avoiding fatty foodstuff can help you achieve your goals. Also there are various plans available online which can help you keep a check on your diet .
  • rnctipton
    rnctipton Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE my Fitbit! Have used it for years, and just got one for my husband and my daughter. Fitbit customer support is outstanding, too. I pay closer attention to my stats when using my Fitbit, so it helps me stay on track.
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    love my flex but don't understand how active minutes work though
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've only had my flex a short while, but I love it :happy: it definitely keeps me motivated and I like to see how good or bad i'm doing throughout the day. It's a thumbs up from me :drinker:
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    They are all junk... invest your cash into something worth while, like your home.
  • SummerOBX10
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex. It motivates me to be more active. I had the very first Fitbit before they had names like the Ultra or the One. And I have had many pedometers. By far the Flex has been the best because I never forget to put it on, its always on. My husband had the (recalled) Force and I like that it counted stairs (where the Flex does not) but it was larger than the Flex and you count not switch out the colored bands. I think I will wear one of these activity monitors forever. Interested in seeing what Fitbit comes out with next.

That being said, I would only buy one from Fitbit themselves, even if it costs a little more. They have amazing customer service. I had one small problem after a vacation and letting my battery die...and it was a quick fix that never happened again. I have heard stories of them replacing models for free even if its your fault they are not working any longer.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I just got one for my birthday last week so will let you know once I have used it for a little bit if I love it or not. Hope I do.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit but have to say I did not find it very accurate - even sitting at my desk typing would clock up countless steps, and driving caused it to log thousands of steps I just hadn't taken! You can get round the driving problem with apps like drivebit but you have to keep remembering to log the time or activate the app, and in the end I just got fed up with it. If I get something else I will go for a HRM.
  • IRLACTCYD
    Options
    I've been wearing the Fitbit Force for several months. I'm not concerned with whether it accurately determines steps per day, etc., but it does seem to be consistent over time. Its consistency helps me see activity level trends.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit Zip for a few months now and didn't rate it much and just used it for when I am away so I can track steps when not exercising. However a few days ago I linked it to MFP and I suddenly love it! No more wearing my HRM when I am walking somewhere ( for example I walk to the train station in the next town or walk to the library in the next town) and it gave very similar cals to my HRM. Since I have had it linked I am moving so much more!! I want to get 10,000 steps a day but I have been getting more than 15,000! So I don't care if it is a fancy pedometer, it is motivating me to move more when not exercising!
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've seen alot of comments on the FitBit...but does anyone have a JawBone? That's what I'm looking into getting...
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    They are all junk... invest your cash into something worth while, like your home.

My body IS MY HOME!
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i got a fitbit because i hear they were all the rage. it's cool to get a guestimation on how many calories I burn based on my BMR, but aside from that it kind of feels like a glorified tamagotchi / pedometer.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip, and it's been essential. Yes, I use it as a pedometer, and that's it. But that alone is huge.

Getting 10K steps per day (about 4 miles) has made a major impact in my ability to generate a calorie deficit through eating and exercise. I really didn't start making any progress until I got the Zip and committed to 10K steps per day.

All these things - web sites, devices - are just tools to help. If a tool helps you achieve something tangible, I'm all for using it.

For me, the Zip is critical to ensuring I get a proper amount of cardio every day, to create that necessary deficit.
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options

My body IS MY HOME!

Agree!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit, I've had one for over four years now and I still love the feedback. They are a little pricey compared to other basic pedometers, but I love that I don't have to write anything down, that it all just syncs to my computer. I love the visuals of the graphs and how it works with other programs (like here with MFP).

If cost is an issue ... keep in mind there are many programs the Fitbit links too that do "pay you back" so to speak. Many different reward programs. I've actually earned $100 (in cash) from Achievemint (it took a while, but just linked my Fitbit and forgot about it), I am earning $$ from Pact (which I wouldn't do without a Fitbit to track my workouts, 10K= 1 workout), and the latest I love is Fitstudio, which gives my "Shop Your Way Rewards" at Kmart/Sears ... $5 a week in store credit.

Fitbit customer service is really good too. Any problems, they've replaced for free!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

My body IS MY HOME!
    :drinker:

I just poured $90 of chemicals into my pool. Think I'll get a return on that investment? :laugh:

The first 6 months I wore a Fitbit and used their diet plan I lost about 35 lbs., 170 to 135 lbs. $3 a pound. I wish I could write a check for $30 and someone would take this last 10 off me! :happy: