Dizzy Spells during running

Options
Hi guys

I have been building up my running for the past 9 weeks and have improved a lot. I went for a run this morning and when I stopped to catch a breath I would get dizzy and feel sick. Is this just a one off as never had this before. Thank you

Replies

• mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Did you eat or drink anything before? You may just be pushing yourself really hard, or you need to eat/drink before a run.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    If you were running outside, you could have been reacting to the heat or humidity. Or you might need to slow your pace slightly.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    could either be you are a little dehydrated or could of been holding your breath without realizing it
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You may also want to consider allergies or sinus pressure, especially if you were outside.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I get dizzy too during my workouts. I push myself pretty hard sometimes. It usually happens when I bend over to drink out of the water fountain or bending over for stretches.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eat some food. If your diary is correct you're only eating just over 1000 calories a day so no wonder your dizzy. You need to fuel yourself and set a sensible calorie goal you only have 11 pounds to lose so you should be setting your goals for around half a pound a week. Have a look at this link it will help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    You may also want to consider allergies or sinus pressure, especially if you were outside.

Seriously? I never thought of that....I had a pretty intense lower body workout this morning and was just sucking wind throughout and that isn't a typical thing. I have felt like I've been a little bit 'stuffy' but nothing really to think about. Now I'm wondering if, just maybe, this could be what was doing that to me today. Never ever dealt with allergy issues, but I know things can change at any time. Hmmmm.....great. I'll have to research into this because that could explain it. Thank you.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Seriously? I never thought of that....I had a pretty intense lower body workout this morning and was just sucking wind throughout and that isn't a typical thing. I have felt like I've been a little bit 'stuffy' but nothing really to think about. Now I'm wondering if, just maybe, this could be what was doing that to me today. Never ever dealt with allergy issues, but I know things can change at any time. Hmmmm.....great. I'll have to research into this because that could explain it. Thank you.

You're welcome! Allergies and sinus issues get me a lot. It totally sucks.
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Weather not warm today, in fact a little chilly.. I had eaten my breakfast of ready break about 2 hrs before the run. I didn't drink anything before the run which was probably stupid. Next time I will eat a small snack 30 minutes before I run and drink water before as well. Thank you for all your helpful suggestions.