Emerald Mixed Nuts - Serving Size

Options
So, I bought an awesome package of Emerald mixed nuts for my afternoon snack at work (Sweet & Salty, chocolate peanut butter). However the serving is 1/4 cup and I totally forgot my measuring cups at home! :( I'm seeing reports that 1/4 cup of mixed nuts is ~30, but is there someone here who happens to eat Emerald mixed nuts habitually and could tell me approximately how many would fit in a quarter cup, or am I better off just not having a snack today? :)

Replies

• Fentyman
    Fentyman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Gurl!!!!! EAT THEM NUTS!!!! lol

but seriously enjoy...
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    Eat the nuts. Take a handful and call it good. If you get too picky about counting it like that you will drive yourself....NUTS.

:laugh:

It's good to be mindful of calories and portions, but if you forgot the damn measuring cup, dont over think it.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts is more-or-less a serving. To get any closer you might as well break out the scale.
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cool trick with nuts, 1/4 c is approx 2oz so if you poor nuts into the palm of your hand what covers the palm only is approx 1/4c. Don't overthink it though, if they came in the handy dandy tube not in a bag, there usually a marking on the side showing where the ounce mark is
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't measure by volume anyway. Your half a cup won't be more accurate than eyeballing it. Get a food scale.
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Best bet is to get a kitchen scale for future use and weigh them. Things like nuts are especially important to portion correctly as they are so calorie dense :)