When will jeans fit again?

Options
How much weight did you lose until jeans that were tight fit lose again?
I'm 5'3" & lost about 5 lbs but jeans still snug

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    when they do.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is no answer. It' depends on genetics and where you lose weight first.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Hard to say. You need to lose inches around your waist, hips, &/or thighs generally to get pants to fit. The amount of weight that will be will vary depending on where your body decides to shed fat from and your workouts (cardio vs strength).
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    In general this is what I've heard..that for every 10 pounds lost …you go down a size. so I'd predict five more pounds…:flowerforyou:
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It also depends on the jeans you were wearing. Took me a while to 'lose' a size but to be honest, I was cramming myself into 14's that didn't really fit. After 3-4 months though they were literally falling off of me.

Put them away and try them again in a month.
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I stored them back in my closet.

I been dieting since first week of July.

It took a long time and a lot of work because lexapro put weight on me. I stopped the lexapro around July 4th weekend.

My doc said it takes 6 weeks for metabolism to return to normal.

So my journey required more work than the average dieter. I'm also depressed about how much weight I packed on and my incredibly slow progress.
    Just feeling a little hopeless, anxious and frustrated. Have not much to wear in the meantime which contributes to these feelings.
  • pigelty
    Options
    In general this is what I've heard..that for every 10 pounds lost …you go down a size. so I'd predict five more pounds…:flowerforyou:

I've heard that too!
  • pigelty
    Options
    The type of jeans are a size 14 petite. They used fit slightly loose.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Damn, this calculation did not work for me! I'm down almost 40 pounds, but only 2 sizes, in both jeans and dresses. Started at an 18, albeit a tight 18, and now most 14's fit me.
    It really is about where your body sheds the fat first, which you have no control over, and genetics, which again, you have no control over.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Damn, this calculation did not work for me! I'm down almost 40 pounds, but only 2 sizes, in both jeans and dresses. Started at an 18, albeit a tight 18, and now most 14's fit me.
    It really is about where your body sheds the fat first, which you have no control over, and genetics, which again, you have no control over.

In all reality, the more obese you are (depending where you store fat), the longer it will take. As you become smaller, the changes are more noticeable at quicker intervals.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25lbs and not down a size.

I have managed to fit into a skirt (size 16) that I couldn't fit into before and my jeans are now loose and my belt is too big even after adding an extra hole but can I fit into my size 14 jeans, no. :(
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's been about 15 pounds per size for me. Everyone is different!

On a similar note, every company that produces jeans is different. The style and store can make a difference. I'd still give it some time before trying a smaller size again, but when you do, maybe shop around at different places and see what fits you best.

Good luck!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It took me about 20 pounds to drop a size that was kind of on the tight side to begin with.

Exercise also had something to do with it too. Once I started doing something other than walking the inches started to change.
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Same here! Im down 25 and only went down 1 size. So I think the best answer is to just keep going and be patient because no one can predict when youll be able to fit into jeans! Good luck!
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hard to say. We all store fat (and thus, lose fat) from different places. Give it time. You can't really go wrong by simply losing weight at a healthy pace, so keep going and enjoy knowing that you'll get there in due time!