Looking for buddies, for helping lose 70lbs :)

Options
Hi Dear!

My name is Kanika, and I am from India.

I am 27 years old, I am also trying to lose some weight nearly about 70 pounds (30-31 kgs), my height is 5'6", and I am married for two years. I have been an over weight child always, and now all I want to do is lose some weight, so that we can start our family :)

One thing that I have started doing is drinking at least 3 lts of water per day, and having an early dinner. I also try to exercise for about 25-40 mins a day, for a minimum of 4 days.

Hope this information helps you in some way.

Cheers!

Kanika

P.S. I am new to fitnesspal :) hope to have a good time here!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hi

Feel free to add me as friend. We have similar targets and ive only been on MFP a few weeks plus all this is a bit new to me. Im aiming for about 1.5llbs a week. You will find the site very supportive, very active and people are very keen to offer advice or motivation.
  • komitra
    komitra Posts: 67
    Options
    thanks dear :)

looking forward to a great time ahead
  • torid10
    torid10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am only 5'3, but I am also trying to lose about 70 pounds!
  • McMeggers
    McMeggers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi guys im Megan :)

feel free to add me too im 5'10 but I need to lose around 80 lbs
    Im not new to this site but I am trying to keep myself motivated and supportive friends are always welcomed .

Im a make up artist and a barista at starbucks and a chronic dieter
    but you have to love the process right?

I also have a open diary

xoxoxoxox
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm Amy...I'm 5'7" and need to lose about 80lbs (though I'd like to lose 100!) I work from home behind a computer all day and the sedentary lifestyle has helped me pack on these pounds...but I'm also using it to lose it. Who else has a stepper behind their desk??!!

I have an open diary as well.
  • Newfiejacq
    Options
    Hi There,

Welcome aboard. Give me an add and we can support each other.

Jacq
  • tanalou
    tanalou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Kanika, Feel free to add me. I am 5'4" and need to lose about 60-65 pounds. I have been a member of the site for a long time but have never really used it like I should.. or at all! I would love to be part of a group to keep me motivated and possibly help motivate others.
  • komitra
    Options
    Hi All :)

Thank you for such a warm welcome to MFP :D

Like all of you I'm also trying my best to lose weight, get into a good shape, and feel happy about myself :)

Let us all share what efforts we're taking towards our goal.

Things that I do
    1. Eat dinner by 6.30 pm
    2. Drink 3 lts water each day
    3. Maintain a diary
    4. Measure myself every week…. ‘STAT’urday
    5. Walk/Exercise anything for 10-50 mins
  • Sandralynn329
    Options
    Good Luck and congrats on the start of your journey. I'm starting today too, I'm hoping to lose 100 lbs. hoping the support from others will help all of us.
  • DePorre2122
    Options
    Hi,

I am 6'0" and am also looking to loose about 85 lbs. Its really nice to see that someone on here has the same goal idea as I do. I sit behind a desk most of my day and after getting married, i started to pack on the pounds that I lost before my wedding. I want to get healthy and loose weight before my husband and I try and start a family. Feel free to add me, I would love supportive friends and helpers along the way!

Congrats to all for taking the first step to becoming more healthy :)
  • GlynnisSapsfordHey
    GlynnisSapsfordHey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me,I joined a while ago but did nothing to change my weight until July of this year. When I weighed in this time I was 88lbs over weight, I have taken off 23lbs thanks to my fitnesspal.
  • sheryl135
    sheryl135 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love these goals! I just started trying not to eat anything after 7pm (very tough!). Add me as a friend and we can help each other! :smile: :happy:
  • MezaEza
    MezaEza Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar height but looking to lose around 90 lb. Feel free to add me! :)
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am a 27 year old mother of 2 that just started the process of losing 100 lbs! I am 5'6 and 258 lbs. I would love a buddy or any kind of support I can find!
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I have lost 48 on MFP. I am faithful about my diary and prefer friends with open diaries so we can learn from one another. I am 5'4" and have 42 more pounds to go! Love MFP!
  • komitra
    Options
    Hello Everyone :)

All of us have a similar goal of losing weight, and being healthy. Hope to keep the spirits high :)

Takecare
  • komitra
    Options
    I started to keep a track of my exercise from June 3rd week, this year. I'm in my 10th week of my weight loss journey, and wish to keep it going. But in between there were 4 weeks when I did no workout at all, because of my health. But that doesn't count. I'm considering those days too in my overall 10 week journey. I had an aim to be 96 kgs by the end of Aug, but I'm still stuck at 100 kgs

I will try to be on my track to the best of my ability

Just a little update - I have lost 5 kgs till date, and 13 inches off my body :) I'm looking fitter and better :)

I will be posting my results by the end of this months

I'm Happy
  • whitpitts
    whitpitts Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just want to put this out there to reach as many people as I can. I find that motivating others motivates me in return! :) (I promise you this is not some kind of ad or anything. I just really love that these people exist and they have helped so many people, including me!)

I got back into wanting to lose weight on July 14. I weighed 200 lbs and this Monday I weighed in at 186! My motivation hit me when I found fitnessblender.com and that is what REALLY got me through the first few weeks. It's a site run by 2 personal trainers who are husband and wife. They have 400+ free workout videos that you can do at home with little to no equipment (and more coming all the time) and I'm telling you, it feels like your working out with friends when you watch them. They don't breeze through their workouts. You watch them struggle to get through it just as much as you do sometimes. They are very laid back and I love working out to their videos on days I don't make it to the gym. They also offer recipes, advice (in the forms of video blogs and articles), and weight loss programs. I encourage you to check it out. It could change your life just like it has changed mine.

Here's a little something just to make you feel good.
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/You-are-Good-Enough-Pass-it-On-/cm/
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've just requested you all! I also have 70lbs more to lose and would love the motivation from others.
  • komitra
    Options
    I have also worked out to a few Fitness Blender videos. they're awesome. They are to the point and direct in their approach. I do 10 mins standing abs from their collection. I also workout to Leslie S. Walk videos. Though it becomes monotomneous, but i put my fave music in the background, and just walk walk walk! :)

Though my weight is stuck at 100 kgs (I started with 105 kgs ) for the last 6 weeks, but I'm still trying to find my healthy body... thats my aim :)