Recommendations?

Options
Ok, I'm looking for suggestions on effective work out? We have a WII and an XBox 360 without the kinect...Haven't excercised in a while and need a good FUN workout that I won't quit because it's too hard. I've heard Zumba is fun and Just Dance but I could really use some guidance here. If it's all "excercise" and no fun I won't do it!

Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I *heart* my Wii Fit Plus. It takes up no space in my house and has all kinds of activities, from light workouts/yoga and just fun stuff to tougher workouts like pushups and running. We got it in Jan 09 and I've been working out regularly for two years now, something I had never done before in my life.

Good luck!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There are alot of options... workout videos, Wii, etc.
    I have the Biggest Loser game and I think that is ok.
    But I am a bit concerned by the attitude "if its all exercise and no fun I wont do it."
    You might want to adjust that attitude, While I agree that doing something fun is well more... fun ... sometimes you just have to gut through a workout that isnt so much fun because its something that you need to do.
    We do things every day that we dont want to do (get up early, go to work, grocery shop, etc) and we need to adjust our attitudes that exercise is just another one of those things we have to do, even if it isnt always fun!

Good luck with your journey!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I couldnt stop smiling doing zumba....really fun workout
  • lisawangccrn
    Options
    I have the Zumba game for Wii...it is alot of fun and it is something my daughter joins along with. It is a real workout...but since it is so fun, you don't realize the time has gone by.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I would love to know which of these are recommended. I think dance is a good way to start. I do harder things than I would normally do when it is dance because it is fun. Many experts recommending an exercise you enjoy so you keep it up. It certainly is the right way to get started anyway. Good luck.
  • jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My new mini-trampoline and fitness ball is definitely fun and challenging. I can do 30 solid minutes on the trampoline and I dance and act silly and flail my arms and do jumping jacks on it. It's a great burn and you really feel those muscles burning. Plus, it's good for your joints as it's low-impact! But it is a GREAT calorie-burner!! Good luck!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I was also interested in Wii recommendations......then went to search for the zumba game and it doent come out in england until March! ......will have to try something else....Biggest loser seems to get good reviews.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    Just Dance 2 FTW!!!!! And check out the streaming exercise vids from Netflix, too.

Have fun!

Kat
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! If you love to dance it is a great work out! I also love kickboxing... it gives you a feeling of empowerment. Good luck!
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the wii!! I use wii fit. The free step is so awesome because you can put it on 10, 20 or 30 min and change the channel and watch tv while you do it! And the remote makes noise to keep you instep and it tells you periodically how many steps you have taken and how long you have been doing it for. I also like my fitness coach 2. It very relaxing and I think the exercises are easy to get used to if you don't use the ballance board at first , you don't need it for that game. I also want to get the wii zumba. But don't forget you can find zumba work outs on youtube!! good luck I hope you find something that is fun for you
  • tsb50158
    tsb50158 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Zumba for the Wii is suppose to be wonderful. My daughter teaches Zumba classes and bought it and says it is a great work out and at your own pace.
  • I love doing Zumba!!! Its a fantastic workout and I can burn like 600 calories in 45 minutes!!!