30 day shred?

Options
I am starting 30 day shred level 1. I wanted to know how many calories you will burn in one session?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Its based on your heart rate. I suggest you purchase a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. If you use the search button, type in heart rate monitor or HRM and a lot of topics will come up regarding them and the different brands.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I am curious too...
  • heatherw7
    Options
    I put it in as circuit training for 20 min. it last about 27 min but 20 min was the closest to my HRM.
  • ZumbaTriad
    ZumbaTriad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's true that you really need a HRM to determine YOUR burn. For me, it's less than 200 calories ... BUT ... I do it first thing in the morning and it gets my blood pumping. I'm pretty sure I burn more calories during the day and I'm definitely burning more in my evening cardio workout lately.!
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    I am 5'4" 150 pounds and 33 years old. I am somewhat out of shape and when I wear my HRM I burn around 225. When I subtract my BMR it'a about 200 calories. Hope this helps.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, it's different for everyone. You'll need a HRM to be accurate. It depends on how much you put into the workout, what you'll get out of the workout. Circuit training general will be your closest bet if you don't want to invest in a HRM.