NICE compliments friends/loved 1s see that you don't thread

Options
Hahahahha :drinker: My beloved hubby told me this morning that he's starting to see my cheekbones :drinker: ( I don't see it and I've got a lonnnnggggg way to go)! But it was soooo NICE of him to say that. That is VERY encouraging to me

Yesterday, my dd told me (on our almost two hour walk) that I looked like a teenager (from the back :laugh: ) walking/carrying her loaded backpack on my back:drinker: I'm in my 50's :happy: That made me smile and helped the sweat session for me too!

Have you gotten any NICE compliments lately from friends, loved ones, co-workers, etc.? Pls. share!

Replies

• valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    Cheek bones, oh I would love to see them there cheek bones. Still another 25lbs to go :( That is great though, little stuff like that goes a long ways some days :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Definitely my favorite in a long time is one of my best friends telling me I look taller and have crazy model legs. Still makes me smile!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats on cheek bones.
    I long for jaw bones .. I do now see collar bones and OMG ... I have little tiny ankle bones starting to poke out!

Congrats again!
  • meggs9605
    meggs9605 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I met my husband for dinner after work last Tuesday. He gave me a funny look as I walked to the table where he was waiting. When I got to the table he said, "Did your boobs get bigger? The look huge!" I told him, "No, but my belly has gotten a little smaller. Thanks for noticing." I am down about 35 since April from 208 to 173.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Cheek bones, oh I would love to see them there cheek bones. Still another 25lbs to go :( That is great though, little stuff like that goes a long ways some days :)

:smile: Me too...I don't see it, necessarily--especially since I have so VERY far to go--but ya know what? I've been looking at my face today (since he kindly told me this, this morning and ":blushing: MAYBE:blushing: I do see a wee little change/slimming in my face :wink:

Congrats on your weight loss success in only having 25 more to go--YAY YOU and thanks so much for replying!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Definitely my favorite in a long time is one of my best friends telling me I look taller and have crazy model legs. Still makes me smile!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Isn't that inspirational and encouraging! Ya know, words are soooo powerful aren't they? I remember hearing all my life when I was young "stick and stones may break your bones, but words can never hurt me"-- I used to believe that, but not anymore. Words to/for me (especially in this battle of the bulge) can and do help me/inspire me. Even negative/messy words--I find myself using those and the anger I feel when hearing them, to boost my exercising even more (ya know..."oh yeah--really" and pushing my body a wee bit more/harder).

Thanks so much for your reply :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Congrats on cheek bones.
    I long for jaw bones .. I do now see collar bones and OMG ... I have little tiny ankle bones starting to poke out!

Congrats again!

Thank you so much and congrats to you too :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Jpeezy85ny
    Options
    It is great to hear from a loved one that you are making progress on your trip back to health. Keep up the good work
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My husband mentioned he doesn't remember my ribs sticking out when we got married 20 years ago tomorrow. I know it shouldn't be flattering but I'm okay with it. He tells me to go eat a cheeseburger.
    No I'm not to skinny. LOL. 30 more lbs. to a healthy BMI.
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The other weekend I bought a gorgeous lacey black boobtube for our 'date night' (been together 11 years). I didn't show him what I'd bought as I wanted to suprise him.

Once ready and 'ta da' he didn't really say anything?

Me: So, do I look ok?
    Him: Yeah you look alright, you always do
    Me: ALRIGHT???!!! I bought the top cuz mum said I looked so slim and sexy in it. That's why I saved it for tonight!
    Him: Yeah you do, but you always look skinny now days baby.

BEST NIGHT EVER! :bigsmile: I totally loved him for that, still makes me smile now! Even though I wouldn't go as far as skinny just yet lol, 25lb more maybe. Also had to extinguish the demon inside from saying 'now days?!' haha... I knew he meant it as a compliment. :smooched:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I had several co workers notice last week and tell me that I was looking great! The best thing was this morning when I realized my pants were a little big. I went to get out a belt and it was also too big. Got a new, smaller belt!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thread! It is funny I have not lost any weight since the end of June but I seem to have lost inches and am starting to get comments :smile: The best one is from my Brazilian friend who said she has never seem my butt look so perfect and I should not wear things that hide my shape all the time :blushing: This was a huge compliment because I hate my wide hips and flat butt but perhaps the exercise is changing things :smile:
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My Mom told me my butt is shrinking. Yay!
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ran into a friend I haven't seen in a couple of months last weekend. when she saw me she said holy *kitten*!! you look like a whole new person.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I met my husband for dinner after work last Tuesday. He gave me a funny look as I walked to the table where he was waiting. When I got to the table he said, "Did your boobs get bigger? The look huge!" I told him, "No, but my belly has gotten a little smaller. Thanks for noticing." I am down about 35 since April from 208 to 173.

Drop kicking into the place where the sun will NEVER EVER shine, 35lbs is absolutely tremendous--you rock, and I can hardly wait to get there myself. Thank you ever so much for your reply!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Paizzaz
    Paizzaz Posts: 33
    Options
    I ran into someone I had not seen in a long time. He came up to me and said, "Wow! I almost didn't recognize what's left you!"
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My 14 year old son told me he didn't recognize me from across the basketball court... he said I looked like all the other moms! That is a huge compliment to me because I've always felt like the biggest person wherever we were, and I usually was!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My 14 year old son told me he didn't recognize me from across the basketball court... he said I looked like all the other moms! That is a huge compliment to me because I've always felt like the biggest person wherever we were, and I usually was!

woooowhh..... This is huge!!!! My biggest regret about my overweight is the effect it has had on my daughter. Congrats to you for that wonderful compliment. And a shoutout to to your son for expressing his pride to you. way to go son... ;-)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    It is great to hear from a loved one that you are making progress on your trip back to health. Keep up the good work

It sure is, and I've been thinking about his comments everyday, especially when I want to quit! Thank you so much for your reply:happy:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    My husband mentioned he doesn't remember my ribs sticking out when we got married 20 years ago tomorrow. I know it shouldn't be flattering but I'm okay with it. He tells me to go eat a cheeseburger.
    No I'm not to skinny. LOL. 30 more lbs. to a healthy BMI.

:drinker: :smooched: :drinker: ...I haven't seen or thought about my "ribs sticking out" in so many years--about the same amount of years that I haven't seen or thought about my cheekbones! How fabulous is that, I think it's definitely his way of telling you, you're slimming down and oh how NICE it will be for my hubby to tell me to eat something, especially a cheeseburger:love: Thanks so much for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!