About 35 lbs down so far..

Options
I've been having some progress issues since the holidays and have been really discouraged lately! I decided to dig up some pictures from when I first started MFP in June and compare them to now. Hopefully there's a difference to be seen :embarassed:

Here's June 2010 somewhere around 230ish..

DSC_0256.jpg

And last week (in a dressing room, of course :wink: ) where I'm stuck at about 195..

0116111442-00.jpg

It's always so encouraging to see everyone else's progress, so I hope throwing my little bit into the ring is worth something! At the least, recognizing it myself will hopefully keep me strong to work harder and get past this tough point for me :).

Replies

• simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so good! what a difference!
  • RoRoFletch
    Options
    The difference is definitely there. Hope to be there myself ... in due time =)
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    as the saying goes "your always the last to know" the differance is apparent keep working hard.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Very nice, look at all that pretty girl showing up :o)
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    there's deff a difference, you look great lovie, congrats on your weight loss!
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    yep i agree with e 1 else. U GOOOO girl!!!! u r lookin very good...... i 2 am stuck.... when i decided 2 lose last sept. i weighed 303... when i started 2 get serious, & i joined a gym in jan ( b 4 i found this site, but still; ) i weighed in at 265....since finding this site ( later still ) i found sparkspeople 1st.... i had lost approx another 40lbs.... which , since i found this site ( which i really luv; ) i am on a long term plataou ( but am a major fitness junkie, as my fitness diary will tell..... ) i stay ( since oct or so ) between 220 - 225!!!!!
    it sux.......:sad: :cry: :sick: :frown: :embarassed: :ohwell: :grumble: :angry: :mad:
  • alexwalper
    Options
    Thank you so much, all of you!
    That all means a lot to me :).

@CHANGES4ME, I know what you mean! I always get stuck at 195, and it's so terribly discouraging.. Congrats on losing what you have thus far! We'll keep holding on and break past these sticky parts :).
  • JWruns
    JWruns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    there is definitely progress there!! you look great!!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Look at all you have accomplished, I am very inspired and motivated by your transformation. You should be very proud of yourself, as we can all atest, this is hard but the main thing is to keep moving forward. I think you look wonderful and can't wait to hear from you again when you reach your next goal!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    WOW good job! I started out at about the same place as you and it is inspiring to me to see what 35 pounds did for you! You look great!
  • Shak212
    Shak212 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow definitely see a difference. You look great. Keep up the good work.
  • alexwalper
    Options
    Oh my, thank you all again so much :).

I was really afraid to post because almost no one in my (real) life has said anything, and I was feeling so discouraged. Knowing that there is a difference, even if I can't seem to see it, is really boosting my confidence in my ability to keep going!

I'm the type who's been overweight/obese since I was 8, so everyday I'm the smallest I've ever known. I think that almost makes it harder for me; I don't really have an endpoint or exact image of myself in mind! But MobiusMan, your saying of look at the pretty girl showing up is definitely being written down and posted everywhere for me to see to remind me of just what potential I have :).
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    you don't even look 195 in the second picture. Great progress, can't wait to see you at goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!