Shakeology?

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both drink Shakeology daily. And she can do 16 unassisted pull ups: ;-)

Yes I am a bit biased. Do you need Shakeology to lose weight...no. IMO it does make it easier. Shakeology is a nutritionally dense shake that replaces a meal. Yes it is not the cheapest shake out there but it is not just a protein shake...I challenge everyone to look into the ingrediants. Dose anyone here spend >$4 on a meal? If so you might consider replacing that meal with Shakeology.

I expect all the figure and physique competitors posting here to bash me at this point...but how many of them would take your phone calls and help get you started off right, add you to a private support system and answer your questions throughout the day? Help you generate meal plans that actually work for your goals and your schedule?

So your wife can only do unassisted pull ups because she drinks a shake??? Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact she put work into being able to do them. If I was your wife I would be pissed that you give a horrible shake credit for my hard work.

I can contact multiple people and have on MFP that assist me with questions I have on nutrition and fitness, and they don't charge me anything, well I do owe 1 some ice cream.
  • ShannonS921
    Options
    I expect all the figure and physique competitors posting here to bash me at this point...but how many of them would take your phone calls and help get you started off right, add you to a private support system and answer your questions throughout the day? Help you generate meal plans that actually work for your goals and your schedule?

Actually a lot of them will and do. A lot of them are MFP members and some are even on my friends list. But excellent blanket statement to make about figure and physique competitors.

And the most helpful people I have ever met.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options

2. You can't mix and match your flavors easily. This is actually the BIGGEST reason I'm not going to get on the Shakeology bandwagon. You can rotate flavors monthly, but to me that kind of defeats the purpose. I don't want a vanilla shake for a month, then a greenberry shake for a month. I want to rotate them daily, or weekly, or whenever I feel like it. They have no combo option where you can order a box containing 10 packets of 3 different flavors to last you a month, or something similar. If they did have this option, I actually might bite the bullet and get on board with Shakeology for the duration of my high intensity workout weeks (I'm doing 6 workouts/week until my wedding in a few months, then plan on dropping to 3-4 workouts/week to maintain fitness).

They actually do sell a combo pack of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I'm a bodybuilder. I am here day in and day out offering free advice, private support, answering questions, getting them real results without selling them anything or making money off of them (most of the time I actually save them money).
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both drink Shakeology daily. And she can do 16 unassisted pull ups: ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1MXYg7qoA

I drank it throughout my transformation as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-w8_vNuWw

Most of you may not know this, but you get access to a Beachbody coach with Shakeology. Now not all coaches are the same. I had a coach who never contacted me...and they missed out dearly...

Yes I am a bit biased. Do you need Shakeology to lose weight...no. IMO it does make it easier. Shakeology is a nutritionally dense shake that replaces a meal. Yes it is not the cheapest shake out there but it is not just a protein shake...I challenge everyone to look into the ingrediants. Dose anyone here spend >$4 on a meal? If so you might consider replacing that meal with Shakeology.

The journey of fitness begins not only in the kitchen...but in your mind. You have to believe you are worth the effort if you are going to succeed.

Let the bashing begin...but I will forever recommend a product that has changed the life of my family,

Thanks for listening,

Robert

smells like a coach to me.

The coach of all coaches if you look at his blog. It's literally as stereotypical as it gets. It's a good laugh though.
    I've already hit my derp macro just by being active on the forums today. No sense in seeking out more elsewhere.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Come on now guys, this is a website of support and motivation. Let's not just trash things just because we think little of them. My mother always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.

That being said, what I really like about it is how the name implies, by the suffix -ology, that it is some sort of very specific scientific field of study. Of shakes! Just like Scientology, although that's much better because the "scient" part of that makes it sound scientific, like it's the scientific study of science.

With love,
    Burt

Thumper? Is that you? (And are you sure it wasn't your mother just reminding you of what your father told you?)
  • ShannonS921
    Options

I'm a bodybuilder. I am here day in and day out offering free advice, private support, answering questions, getting them real results without selling them anything or making money off of them (most of the time I actually save them money).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^COMPLETELY TRUE!

She's the best ever.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    ok. I use shakeology daily. This is probably my favorite thing ever. No, its not overpriced. the way I see it, I could either be paying for a bunch of food to make up a breakfast, or I could be paying for this shake. its not junk, its done wonders for me. If you are interested in learning more about it let me know! I'm more than willing to help you figure out if its worth your money!

If only I could find someone who could sell me some of this amazing product.

If only.

But alas, 'tis only but a dream.
  • ShrinkingKari
    ShrinkingKari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the input. I didn't abandon because of all the negative, I just haven't had a chance to get back before now.
    I have even gotten some messages on this. If I had thought to search I probably would have found the other thread on this subject, sorry for the double post.
    I did buy Hip Hop Abs and got a "coach" when I did. I have been through 4 coaches in less than a year. The first and 4th did nothing but push and shove and pressure Shakeology. One even went so far as to ask how I expected to lose weight if I didn't buy this. I was told that if I just did the exercising and eating healthy I wouldn't lose any weight, I NEEDED this shake to lose ANY weight. The 2nd coach quit being a coach to open her own gym. The 3rd one decided that she didn't want to lose weight anymore and put all of her weight loss back on.

I have heard it is good from beach body people and a scam from everyone else. I am glad that I was able to get input from people that have used it. I have learned through this thread that I don't NEED a protein shake. I thought I did, but that is probably from the coaches trying to push it down my throat.

I understand that not all BB coaches are like that and I am sorry that the pushy ones give you a bad name and make people skeptical of you.

I wanted to get opinions now before I bought it so that I would be able to make an informed decision. If I got it anywhere it would HAVE to be off of eBay since there is NO way I could afford it any other way.

Again thank you for all the responses and input. I now feel that I can make an informed decision.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    ok. I use shakeology daily. This is probably my favorite thing ever. No, its not overpriced. the way I see it, I could either be paying for a bunch of food to make up a breakfast, or I could be paying for this shake. its not junk, its done wonders for me. If you are interested in learning more about it let me know! I'm more than willing to help you figure out if its worth your money!

A dozen eggs and a package of bacon costs around $5 and covers breakfast for 3 days.
    A package of chicken and several cans of vegetables costs $12 and covers lunch for an entire week.
    A bag of potatoes costs $5 and lasts 3-4 weeks.

With your beachbody coach discount a single shake costs you $3.32.

Explain how that isn't over priced.

did i ever say it wasn't overpriced? nope i think the cost is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. but it works for ME. im not worried about what works for you. and cans of vegetables are ****ing gross. so no, i don't get those. this shake it what i use. i gave my opinion of it. i am not saying that it would be great for you or the next person. i gave what i personally think. the price works with my meal plan and my program. so if that's not ok with you, then alright, you are entitled to that opinion. im glad you found a system that works for you. but this is me.

I love these threads.

No, seriously...

I. Love. These. Threads.
  • ShrinkingKari
    ShrinkingKari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would be afraid to add in a protein shake right now since I am losing more than 2 pounds a week. I want to take off the weight smart, not first one to the finish line wins.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are nice if you're in need of hitting your protein macro but you can get a whole tub for like 25 bucks from like gnc or walmart that lasts much longer than shakeology crap.

There's nothing special about any foods, other than their ability to help you meet your nutritional needs.

Eat to fuel your body, meet your nutritional needs, stay in a moderate deficit for weight loss, and stay away from scams:flowerforyou:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

I have even gotten some messages on this.

Were any of those messages from BB coaches, by any chance?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I never drank Shakeology and I can do 25 unassisted pull-ups.

I also never paid through the nose for crappy tasting shakes. Call me thrifty.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

You can say it all you want....it's still junk.

OP, no need to buy that junk.

you can also say all you want hating on it. but obviously you never tried it so don't know. how about instead of negativity and judging something you wouldn't look twice at just because your "that kind of guy" you let somebody with an honest opinion help out.

Honest opinion from someone who is a 'coach' trying to sell a product?

laughing-gif.10714

Easy, they are a shakeologist!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I drank it throughout my transformation as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-w8_vNuWw

Most of you may not know this, but you get access to a Beachbody coach with Shakeology. Now not all coaches are the same. I had a coach who never contacted me...and they missed out dearly...

The journey of fitness begins not only in the kitchen...but in your mind. You have to believe you are worth the effort if you are going to succeed.

Let the bashing begin...but I will forever recommend a product that has changed the life of my family,

Thanks for listening,

Robert

Are you insinuating that your wife is fit/can do those pull ups because of Shakeology? :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    waist of money, allergic to wheatgrass, and never helped me once with a pull up. :grumble:
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Way over priced. If you want to replace a meal with a shake-like drink you can get the same thing at a grocery store for a lot less. It doesn't taste all that great either unless you add banana and peanut butter or other fruits.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options

She is the devil, but she keeps them coming back for more with her dirty diary and free advice its sickening she should be eating clean, drinking shakeology, and charging $180 a month. ;p