Weekend Trouble!!

I am having a REALLY hard time sticking to my diet on the weekends. It seems as soon as Friday night hits I throw all my goals out the window. I tried really hard today and ended up messing up anyway. If I could stick to my diet on the weekend I could loose an unreal amount of weight. Instead, I just have to spend Monday and Tuesday loosing the weight I gained back. I need some encouragement, help, tips/tricks to help me overcome this problem.

Replies

• deb1ray
    deb1ray Posts: 99 Member
    HI. I think we probably all have that same WOE. It is so much harder when everyone is home, and there is no 9 - 5 to go to. Depending on your diet, and lifestyle, I find that having a lot of veggies pre-cut up in my fridge helps alot. Drink lots of water and MOST IMPORTANTLY - view each day as a new start. Don't wait till Monday to fix up your "oops" - do it the following day. All the best. :smile:
  • I seem to have the same problem with weekends and staying under my calorie count and so forth. I try really hard, but in the end I still don't do as well during the week because I have less of a routine on the weekends. But, what I have found helps is incorporating more activity into your weekend to compensate for it. I usually avoid working out on the weekends, but I know that I will be getting in a workout tomorrow because I haven't been doing so hot with my eating...also I took a dog for a walk today while I was waiting in the car for someone. Little things truly do add up, but don't beat yourself up too much over it! :)
  • praymond17
    praymond17 Posts: 20 Member
    I have the same problem! A few things I've done are having veggies and fruit washed and pre cut in the fridge ready to go, so when i feel like a snack i grab one of those instead of chips or chocolate and when i'm on the go, i grab a few of each and throw it in a zip lock bag with a big bottle of water in my purse and i'm out the door. I have been getting up earlier on the weekends so i can get in a good early work out and still have the rest of the day to spend doing what ever i like.
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    One thing that might help, do your weigh in days on a monday or tuesday. If you know your weighing in right after the weekend maybe you will pay more attention to what you eat and do. At least this helps me- Good Luck!
  • tasiac23
    tasiac23 Posts: 48 Member
    Go to hungry-girl.com for some DELICIOUS recipies where you feel like ur "cheating" on ur diet but ur not lol....great site! There are soooo many recipes on there that you might enjoy! she's got mouth watering desert recipies and everything on there......stay strong!!!!! Maybe try to save your real cheating for special occasions??? Like tonight, I went way over on my calories and fat and everything cuz i went to a volunteer banquet ....now i feel horrible lol
  • I have the same problem! A few things I've done are having veggies and fruit washed and pre cut in the fridge ready to go, so when i feel like a snack i grab one of those instead of chips or chocolate and when i'm on the go, i grab a few of each and throw it in a zip lock bag with a big bottle of water in my purse and i'm out the door. I have been getting up earlier on the weekends so i can get in a good early work out and still have the rest of the day to spend doing what ever i like.
    Good tip! I would also say to bring a healthy dish if you go to a party or over to a friend's house. (It would probably be more appreciated anyway... enough people will be bringing cookies!)
  • i try to eat a lot on the weekends, like almost binge but on low cal and good food. Then I try to work out the most on the weekends. I make an insane amount of food thats yummy and healthy.

1. make a huge salad in a huge bowl...put lots of stuff in it. make it last hours to eat! your jaw will be too tired after that too eat too much
    2. Have an insane amount of decaf coffee with skim milk keeps the mouth busy and warms you up and makes you feel full
    3. Frozen yogurt or skinny cow...lasts long, gives you the full feeling of dessert.
    4. Veggies with melted cheese. In a casserole dish put full bags of green peas and string beans and put a couple of slices of fat free cheese to melt on them. Its a lot to eat.
    5. Have 5 boca burgers without bun...melt fat free cheese on it. Eat them with a couple of melba toasts if you need the carbs.

I promise all this wont even come close to your daily calories and you will feel like you binged after eating all this. My only tip is to treat yourself like you have a drug addiction and make sure people around you do not tempt you with the bad food and support you. if you go out to eat, count your calories and workout a lot. you can do it. GOOD LUCK!!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Planning ahead is key. Last Friday, I didn't have a plan, so when I hit the door, I ate 4 mini packs of skittles. But this Friday I stopped on the way home from work and picked up something heatthy to eat. I just try to exercise more when i know that I am going to eat out. And this may not be smart, but I eat light all day, so I have more calories! I know that you shouldn't skip breakfast, but I am not a big breakfast eatter, so if I know we are eatting out that day, I may skip breakfast or just have a cup of coffee, which is what I would rather have anyway.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    If you really want to eat healthy over the week-end, you would regardless of how hard it is. I call it like it is. I know how easy it is to come up with excuses to why you want to binge or cheat. A lot of people are quick to blame it on the week-ends. Its not the week-ends its the person. The week-end is just two days that get blamed for everyone's weakness or willingness to give-in and then complain about it like they didn't make the choice. Don't take this wrong as me being mean. I'm just being real. I had to face this week-end stuff myself. With all that being said.

You have to prepare for those moments of weakness. Plan your week-end meals and snacks out. Make sure they are different from what you've had during the week. Stop sitting around thinking about what you can eat thats no good. If you are bored get up and get active. When it comes to changing your lifestyle you have to be very proactive.

Get started now preparing for next week-end. Lets not have the same thing occur. If you want to be healthier and fit, you have to put your all into it.

You can do it!!
  • tasiac23
    tasiac23 Posts: 48 Member
    If you really want to eat healthy over the week-end, you would regardless of how hard it is. I call it like it is. I know how easy it is to come up with excuses to why you want to binge or cheat. A lot of people are quick to blame it on the week-ends. Its not the week-ends its the person. The week-end is just two days that get blamed for everyone's weakness or willingness to give-in and then complain about it like they didn't make the choice. Don't take this wrong as me being mean. I'm just being real. I had to face this week-end stuff myself. With all that being said.

You have to prepare for those moments of weakness. Plan your week-end meals and snacks out. Make sure they are different from what you've had during the week. Stop sitting around thinking about what you can eat thats no good. If you are bored get up and get active. When it comes to changing your lifestyle you have to be very proactive.

Get started now preparing for next week-end. Lets not have the same thing occur. If you want to be healthier and fit, you have to put your all into it.

You can do it!!

Love what you said lol...so true!!! I need to remember all that when i waant an excuse to cheat over the weekend....the weekend is just another two days..... Nothing special
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    One thing that might help, do your weigh in days on a monday or tuesday. If you know your weighing in right after the weekend maybe you will pay more attention to what you eat and do. At least this helps me- Good Luck!

I do this - actually weigh on Monday as my starting point and the again on Friday to see how I've done throughout the week. Also that way on Monday I can see if I've done any damage. I don' t like having to play catch up so this helps me stay on track.

I also have a free day - every Friday. I commit to a healthy breakfast, hard workout, then I don't worry about it. I don't go nutd, like I have a couple slices of pizza, not the whole pie. If I am doing something special on another day I move my free day.

Other than that I just have made acommitment to a better lifestyle and that means making hard choices, no matter the day of the week.
    Not easy, so good luck.
  • BrookeInabnitt
    BrookeInabnitt Posts: 8 Member
    All too often, I'll find myself blamming the birthday party or the Sunday dinner with the family for me overeating on the weekends when really...it's my decision and it's my fault. It's not the birthday cake's fault that I eat a small slice...it's mine (and I did that today). So no, I don't take that comment as you being mean...I take that comment to heart because I need to look at my situation as a controllable situation that only I can handle. I appreciate all of the comments so far. I just need to make sure that I have plenty of safe, clean, good foods for me to go to on the weekends and I need to prepare myself mentally for any obstacles the weekend may hold.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    All too often, I'll find myself blamming the birthday party or the Sunday dinner with the family for me overeating on the weekends when really...it's my decision and it's my fault. It's not the birthday cake's fault that I eat a small slice...it's mine (and I did that today). So no, I don't take that comment as you being mean...I take that comment to heart because I need to look at my situation as a controllable situation that only I can handle. I appreciate all of the comments so far. I just need to make sure that I have plenty of safe, clean, good foods for me to go to on the weekends and I need to prepare myself mentally for any obstacles the weekend may hold.

These are your own words. Print them out and keep them accessible at all times so at the moment of weakness you can grab them and read. Keep a copy in your purse, on your bedroom mirror, and refrigerator.

You've taken the 1st step. Recognizing who is truly to blame. Just continue on and implement the suggestions given to you. You will definitely make it a bit easier for yourself planning in advance.