Planet fitness Arc machine

Options
So let me start off by saying i always looked at the elipicals and stuff like that as a chic workout not really too many mens using them. Until i turned 43 and found myself about 65 pounds over wieght a heavy smoker and icecreamaholic. the first time i stepped on the Arc machine at planet fitness i felt like a monkey humbing a football. i was a hot mess i lasted all of 4 mins and burned only about 45 calories. now A month later i am up too 30 mins @400 calories. and i have never felt a better burn i feel in my legs and butt is much greater then when i just lifted wieghts.yes i'm a guy who wants a nice bumm. the Arc has but me on the right path for losing this wieght. this michine gives you the best bang for the buck. and my butt is looking great too!!!

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Sweet. I have no idea what machine this is, but whatever gets you excited about working out I say go for it.

ETA: I will just add that most machines overestimate calorie burns so just be cognisant of that.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love the ARC trainer...Golds doesn't have them- I've only used them on vacation! I want my own, but too expensive!!
  • oakfred
    oakfred Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know they over estamate thier burn but from what i have read it says as long as you put in your wieght and skill level it's pretty right on. i sure hope so. as of today i wiegh 213 thats 23 pounds in 3 months another 40 to go. try it you will love it
  • oakfred
    Options
    and it goes great before a strength training workout 30 mins on arc a 40 mins working out.
  • oakfred
    Options
    and my old gym didn't have them wither so when i saw it a first idk what the hell it was or what to do with it
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I love this machine. My feet don't go numb on it like they do on the elliptical and I don't get bored on it like I do on the dreadmill.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I love the ARC trainer as well. They have them at just about every Snap Fitness I have been too. Probably the one thing I can count on being at pretty much every one. Can't say the same about a good free weights area. Anyways, sorry I digressed for a minute. I know a lot of people that can't stand them because they do not feel like an ellipticle machine.

On a side note I still have an issue with my feet getting tingly and numb towards the end of my workout.
  • oakfred
    Options
    i too have issues with my feet going numb. i thinks it's bc they end up pushed all the way forward. when i make an effort to keep them in place i can go much longer with less pain
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love the arc!!!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like the arc trainer but I always had bad lower back pan after using it :( dunno if its just not a good fit for me or what. I have degenerative disc disease and nerve damage so maybe the bouncing throws it out
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Today i had my first experience with the Arc Trainer. I freaking loved it! I get so bored with ellipticals and treadmills so this new finding was perfect for me! A Planet Fitness just opened a couple of weeks ago in my town, and of course, along with the rest of the herd I have been a junky! I managed to workout on the fat burner level 3 for a whole hr. It killed me and i loved it!!!
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Love the arc machine!!!! It kicks my butt!!! Love doing 30 min biking or running and another 20-30 on the arc!!!! ????
  • oakfred
    Options
    i am just to the point i can go about 30 min and burn about 410 calories. and i too have lower back issues and i find if i am up straight and not leaning or hanging on the pain is much less. 25lbs down and 25 to go!!!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great description...but a little scary thinking I looked like that my first time. I only lasted about 5 minutes and my knees killed me that I stayed off of it for probably a year. It made a difference when I asked the trainer about it and found out it has an incline. LOL. That's what happens when you just try to do things on your own. Now I love it. I can use it as a stair stepper, a glider, or in between. The best thing is the built in fan.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That's my husbands favorite machine. There's usually a big puddle of sweat left beneath it when he's done.
  • oakfred
    Options
    yup me too sue. when i'm done i am a hot mess. i have never sweat like that before at the gym. but now i see the pounds dropping every day
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Some light humor here:

We have an elderly member named Noah. On purpose, since he's always on the arc machine, we taped a small label on it and called it "Noah's Arc". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DragonfliesOnWings
    Options
    I had trouble with my leg going numb until I heard to stay off your toes and use your heels instead. If I concentrate on keeping my heels down instead of how I actually run I don't have any problems. Try it. It may work for you too.:happy: