loosing belly fat

Options
:wink: I know everyone wants to know this secret, but I do too!!

Anyone have a good way to target that annoying midsection??

Replies

• morgaj8
    morgaj8 Posts: 34
    Options
    I want to know too, so when you find out let me know please? Thanks
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    work hard
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :wink: I know everyone wants to know this secret, but I do too!!

Anyone have a good way to target that annoying midsection??
    Just between you and me... Reduce calories and increase exercise, but keep it to yourself OK.
  • drosenbauer
    Options
    To lose belly fat, lose fat.

All fat is burned in your liver. Your fat cells are constantly giving up fat if your body needs more energy and soaking up excess fat (also mostly produced in your liver) if your body has too much energy. It doesn't matter where those fat cells are located - all of that fat makes its way to the liver for processing. Your belly fat cells are giving up fat at the same rate as everything else.

A few things can influence your midsection to stubbornly hold on to fat, though. Mostly hormonal things. Stress and the associated steroid hormones (like cortisol). A few glandular disorders like Cushing's syndrome. Normal aging.

But in general, if your body is ordinary, losing belly fat is the same as losing fat anywhere else.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've read numerous times that you can't really target a certain area for weight loss. Weight comes off wherever it chooses. Basically, you must keep motivated to lose weight. If you work hard at it and stay consistent it will eventually disappear.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys :( No person can target where to lose weight. As you reduce fat%, your body will decide (asking no opinion of you!) where to drop the weight from. Eventually, when you reach a 'normal' fat% your should have seen the fat reduction in all areas, including any place that you wanted to target.

Just keep at it - watch what you eat, drink lots of water, move around as much as possible!!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You can't 'spot-lose' fat. If you exercise/eat well, your overall fat will go down, and it will come off where it will. You can't target specific zones for fat reduction.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The best thing is a combination of ab crunches, all different kinds, and cardio. The crunches will tighten your ab muscles but that will not get rid of any fat on top of your abs. The cardio is what will burn the fat off slowly but surely. I know it's hard to be patient but don't give up. I've been on my journey for about 14 months and have lost 12.5 inches off my waist. I still have about 7 to go and that's not happening as quickly but it will come off eventually. I've learned all kinds of ab exercises between using machines at the gym and then also using yoga and pilates moves and basic ab crunches too. I hope that helps. Good luck to you all!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Pilates!!! I get my a** handed to me every time I go...:laugh:
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Google:
    cinnamon and belly fat
  • Toniit
    Toniit Posts: 1
    Options
    Reducing Carb helped me with my mid-section.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    As quite a few others have already said, there is no way to reduce any section of the body by itself. Body fat comes off of all areas the same way. Just eat a balanced diet without the crap (and you know what I mean by that...) and exercise. Cardio burns the fat, strength training raises your metabolism and helps you last longer in your workouts.

Eat the right foods to fuel your workouts and workout! :flowerforyou:

As far as what workouts to do, that really doesn't matter either. All cardio will burn calories, so just pick your favorite since wiggling in your middle doesn't burn any more belly fat than bicycling. :bigsmile:
  • myrakey
    Options
    It's true that it is impossible to lose fat or weight from a particular area...its especially hard for women, especially those with hormone issues (hysterectomy or post menopausal) since it causes extra fat storage in the midsection.
    They key to fat loss in general is to really up the cardio in combination with reduced calories and higher protein in the diet. This will burn fat all over, but will reduce belly fat as well...
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I do exercise ball with 10 lb medicine ball and I do flutter kicks as well. or use small exercise ball and put it between your feet and lift your legs up and then back down and then to the middle and at the end of the 30 seconds holds it for 5 seconds you will really feel the burn. another one I li ke to do is do plank on exercise ball and hold yourself up for 30 seconds I do 3 sets of those as well. Pushups also work your abs as well so I do 3 sets of 12 and that really tightens things up. Also cardio is great for the abs as well I usually do treadmil or the elpitcal for 30 mins. I noticed that I have some great defintion in my abs since I have been doing this rountine for the last 2 months so good luck to you!!!!!
  • polarisn1
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for chiming in! Ive only been working out for a month straight, and Im definately seeing results. Im down ten pounds on the scale, but I know Ive lost more and built more muscle as my arms are starting to look really nice. :D
    Looks like Ill keep plugging away on the elliptical and stuff.
    Im amazed by all of the support on here. I love it!!
    Cody
  • vickuli
    vickuli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a spa and I do know a good massage will also help. So after a workout get a massage for relaxing and stretching..after all you deserve it.
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    I burn belly fat when I do very intense cardio (with my heart rate at ~85%) for about an hour 3-4 times a week. It is hard to do that because I get REALLY hungry. It is probably way different for other people, but that is pretty much the only way I burn belly fat.
  • 100poundstogo
    100poundstogo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i feel the same about the skinny girl inside trying to escape...LOL she better hurry because I am heading for a 51st birthday this year..
  • 100poundstogo
    100poundstogo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really love the elliptical machine...I wish I had one at my house...that and the treadmill is good enough for me... I use to be a "gym rat" until my knees went south on me.....