Calorie readings

Options
I am new to all this and trying to loose about 50 lbs. I have noticed that when I put in my exercise on this web site, it usually shows higher calorie burn than the machine. Which is the most accurate. Any
the opinions out there.

Replies

• audreyyrose
    Options
    i would always go with the lower reading, just to be safe.
  • drosenbauer
    Options
    Honestly, if it's within 5-10%, it probably doesn't matter.

The site is an estimate for everybody who's ever used an exercise bike, while the exercise bike is an estimate for everybody who's ever used that particular exercise bike. I'd say that the bike is probably more accurate, since it knows exactly how much force you generated over the ride.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    mine is the opposite, it always tell me lower than what my instructors tell me I burned but I go with the lower number also, cause i don't want to trick myself into thinking I am working out harder than I really am
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    unless you are hooked up to some really sophisticated and expensive machinery it's all a close guess so don't get too wrapped around the axle about numbers. do your exercises, eat good you'll lose.
  • dynamicd
    Options
    They are both an average because there are too many variables to consider: weight/height of the person, fitness level, proper form, arms pumping or arms still, etc. Does that make sense? Just to be safe, I would go with the lower number....but any number is still GREAT! Keep on going and good luck. :happy: