Finally .....A breakthrough!

Options
BITEME_GRRR
BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
I have been slowly gaining weight since my sister's passing. Partly because I took all my anger out at the gym on heavy *kitten* weights. I increased my caloric intake as well. I also started drinking significantly more than when I was thinner.
Needless to say I put on about 10 pounds.......of both fat and muscle.

A year later, I have been trying to drop that extra weight. Mostly because my cuts are not as defined, my climbing is suffering and weakened and I don't fit into my clothes.
Frustrated with trying everything and failing.............I decided to sign up for a half marathon.

I'm doing it folks! I start running again. Despite my intermittent back pain the running has helped with both weight loss, the cuts, lowering the heavy weight and also my overall mental health. I feel great, I feel happier than I have ever felt.

Just wanted to share my story. I am proud of myself. Oh and I limit the drinking to weekends now ;-)

Replies

• BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your sister.

That is fantastic that you are pushing through and taking care of yourself and seeing results.

Good luck in the half marathon! Please let us know how the journey goes. You can do this, and well you are doing it. :flowerforyou:
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for the loss of your sister. It is devastating to lose a loved one.

I'm glad you're back on track now.
    Let us know how THRILLED you are to see the muscles
    that your 10 pounds has been covering.
  • spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's terrific. Great job taking charge of your life. I just started running again, too. Not ready to sign up for a half marathon though, :)
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You have my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your sister! Congratulations on your success!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do this!!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    By the way your body looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    i dont know you and i am feeling proud of you. Way to go! You're a rockstar!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I bet your sister looks on you with love and pride..and would greatly approve of you taking care of yoruself.

I'm sorry for your loss…and I hope you feel her smiling on you during your half marathon. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!