Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Clueless about Meal Prep.

Hey everyone.

I work out most of the week (weights and cardio) but I'm definitely aware that my weightloss is staggered by a not-so-perfect "diet". I want to learn the art of meal prep but I am not sure the correct way to do it. I know that you need some form of protein, followed by.. a starch and veggie? I'm also unaware of the proper portions--I need this explained too (I have a food scale already).

If someone could explain all this (with maybe a sample of a meal [explained]), I could definitely use the help. I will also add that I am a picky eater and rarely cook so I'm hoping to expand my horizons!

Replies

• If it makes things easier for you, you can go by the IIFYM guidelines. It kind of just sets things up for you, you just have to learn to track what you are eating.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Depending on the person, it can either make things more complicated or super easy. I have trouble counting macros.
    I don't really track my protein, fat, or carbs. I just track calories and try to eat what I consider healthy food and I try to avoid going over my allowed calories.
  • What you prep I think all depends on you. You can't go wrong with quinoa or brown rice, steamed broccoli, kale or asparagus and grilled chicken or tilapia.