After Vacation

Options
I am heading back home after 6 days in DC. I had a blast, ate delicious foods (which were impossible to log accurately, so I just did my best) and walked nearly 10 miles daily. Some days I did ok on calories, some days I was way over.

My question: I didn't really "exercise" (run, circuit train, Zumba, etc which is my normal routine) on vacation, but I did walk forever. So , no elevated heart rate or sweaty sessions. Should I just jump back into norm, or will I have a transition time? This is the first time I've taken a significant break from aerobic exercise since I started a year ago. I am particularly hoping I don't have running setbacks.

Anyone with experience or advice to share?

Replies

• walkingpie
    walkingpie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It was only 6 days, you'll be fine.. Just do the norm. You might feel a little sluggish the first day but it will come back.
  • sandtisch
    sandtisch Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just go back into your routine before vacation. Your body will tell you if that's too much.

After four weeks back in Germany where i had walking or biking as the only possible cardio exercises, I attended a strength class which hasn't been much of a problem before - and could not walk properly for two days because of sore muscles ...

Zumba classes have not been much of a problem for my body. Looking forward to my next one tomorrow. ;)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It was only 6 days, you'll be fine.. Just do the norm. You might feel a little sluggish the first day but it will come back.

+1

I have a fairly intense training schedule at home but I travel relatively frequently for work. When I do I get in what I can, but my training intensity and volume both drop off hugely. Getting right back to the routine is the best medicine.
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm not starting back at square one, but am glad to know that feeling sluggish and increased soreness are potentials. I have a 9 mile run coming up on Saturday, so I will soon find out!