Niagara Falls vs. Gettysburg

Options
Papa_Swearingen
Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
Dear MFPers,

I didn't know where else to turn to.... my wife and I want to plan a short 3-4 night trip in September to either Niagara Falls, CA or to Gettysburg, PA. Being from Columbus, Ohio, they are both 6 hours drive. I have always wanted to go to Gettysburg in the fall and I love the history. My wife is open to Gettysburg, and would probably go if I really pushed it, but I think before I do that I would like to get some feedback from folks who have been to either or both.

Thanks! Friend request me if you want.

Replies

• PSMTD
    PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Gettysburg is really amazing. It's hard to believe everything that happened but when you get there you can just feel it. They do tours, but if your wife isn't a total history buff I'm not sure she would really enjoy. I went as a kid so I can't recall if there is much else to do around the area. Niagara Falls is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The NY is nice but the Canadian side is literally breath taking. Plus it's a huge tourist spot so there is a lot to do, including downtown Toronto. Not sure where you're looking to go in CA. If you're driving I know it doesn't really make sense to drive to Gettysburg and then NY but you could do both. I used to live in Ohio but I'm from Philly; no matter where you go the drive will be stunning in the fall.