When someone ignores your texts

Options
what makes us give up contacting someone when we text or call and w get no response. Some how it seems getting a response encourage us to text again but when we sent texts and call only to be ignored ,we just give up naturally without even realize it. Is it because deep down we know we wont get a response?

Replies

• oOoBLUEoOo
    Options
    I keep texting, but I start sending more junk photos. Eventually I'm just sending pictures of gross junk, like medical photos of infected junk. Even if they never respond I still feel the connection. :drinker:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Snail mail.

All joking aside, sometimes I am awful at returning texts in a timely manner.

You never know what the person on the other end is dealing with, so don't flood them with messages.

Send one and that is that. If they want to talk they will eventually respond. If not, that is that.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I keep texting, but I start sending more junk photos. Eventually I'm just sending pictures of gross junk, like medical photos of infected junk. Even if they never respond I still feel the connection. :drinker:

laughing-gif-tumblr-i10.gif
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    Snail mail.

You never know what the person on the other end is dealing with, so don't flood them with messages.

Send one and that is that. If they want to talk they will eventually respond. If not, that is that.

I am not talking about few hours.I am talking about days when your phone calls and texts are not returned:devil: :embarassed:
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Time to move on my friend:smile:
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Snail mail.

I am not talking about few hours.I am talking about days when your phone calls and texts are not returned:devil: :embarassed:
    They may feel like a shmuk for not getting back to you so, instead of having an uncomfortable convo, ignore you.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    What about ignoring posts though....is that acceptable?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Snail mail.

He's just not that into you
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

I would check the obit's at that point.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Snail mail.

They may feel like a shmuk for not getting back to you so, instead of having an uncomfortable convo, ignore you.

Are you schmuck shaming? :huh:
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    they died? ?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible when it comes to this. I'll get a message, read it, and mentally respond but because I don't have my hands free at the moment or I'm busy, I don't actually respond. Then, I forget that I didn't actually respond.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd take the hint...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    what makes us give up contacting someone when we text or call and w get no response. Some how it seems getting a response encourage us to text again but when we sent texts and call only to be ignored ,we just give up naturally without even realize it. Is it because deep down we know we wont get a response?

Wait a minute. I've got some deja vu. Weren't you going on about some shunning business not too long ago? And then it all got worked out and you learned how to put people on ignore? And you weren't looking for sympathy but you got some so it was all good. I *think* that was you...

Anyway, I like your threads. They're irresistibly provocative and universally appealing to a wide and diverse audience :)

'Tis!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I like to keep flogging that dead horse till they disconnect that number.

Did he say he was moving to Yemen?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrtww6vx0E1qftl85o1_500.gif

Hint: it's from the movie He's Just Not That Into You. Don't watch the ending; it will give you false hope.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    quit texting introverts sometimes we dont want to communicate
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I say faaaahkem
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    It depends who the person is for me.

My best guy friend is horrible at texting but during the summer I'll keep texting him cause I know that he will eventually wake up and remember his phone.

Is it bad that I usually ignore a lot of people's texts?