If you reach your mini goal early...

Options
...do you change the dates on the rest? I gave myself quite a bit of room on my mini goals. As it sits now, I have 11 weeks to lose 13lbs to hit my first mini goal. I've lost 4lbs this week alone, and while that may not be typical, I'm just thinking I might hit that goal early.

So, do you change your goals if you hit one early? Or just leave them where they are and feel that much better about hitting them early?

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I always changed mine because I wanted to push myself to see progress faster & if the goal was set too far away then I didn't feel the rush or urgency to reach it. *shrug* Although I think it's totally personal preference :smile:
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I leave the first one as it was, note the date I actually made it in brackets next to it, and then readjust any further ones. You start to learn how fast you can reasonably lose weight and you usually get pretty good at setting reasonable goals.

Edited to add:

Once I added my inspirational/motivational quotes, I removed some of the data due to lack of space. However, I still know the dates in my head of when I was aiming for those goals and when I made them.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    interesting post. i am having difficulty picking dates and times for reaching mini goals. would be great if there was a calendar app for that on this site.

Um, it looks like I lose (on average) about 0.2 pounds every day, or app. 7 pounds/month.

Maybe if I put it in writing like i've seen some people do, well, it might help. here goes.

SW: 167
    CW (1/22): 143
    Mini-Goal: 139- Valentine's (2/14)
    Mini-Goal: 132- Anniversary (3/13)
    Mini-Goal: 130- Birthday (3/20)
    Mini-Goal: 123- Easter (4/24)
    GW/Begin Maintenance: 118 - Graduation (6/9)
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    interesting post. i am having difficulty picking dates and times for reaching mini goals. would be great if there was a calendar app for that on this site.

Um, it looks like I lose (on average) about 0.2 pounds every day, or app. 7 pounds/month.

Maybe if I put it in writing like i've seen some people do, well, it might help. here goes.

Just remember, the closer you get to your "normal" healthy weight, the slower it will come off. The last 10-15 pounds take forever! :grumble: :smile:
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options

I have my husbands birthday, our first anniversary(a week from my birthday), my sons birthday, my 1 year anniversary of really trying to lose the weight, and then Valentines day. I've got roughly 55 weeks to lose 112 lbs. So it's right around 2lbs a week. Yes, it gets tougher as you get lower, so I figure if I reach the first few goals early, I'll have more time to get to the others. :happy:
  • pieconspiracy
    Options
    http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php has a calendar-type thing that can help you estimate your weight goals. However, it doesn't take into account that weight is harder to lose when you're smaller, and just goes with the same amount coming off every week. So, take it with a grain of salt. :)
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds my first week and was kinda dragging this week thinking how fast that first week went. I took a look at my progress and realized I lost 7 pounds this MONTH. No wonder I felt draggy! It's totally a fine average, like 1.6 pounds per week, which is actually quite good, but you know my first week was 7 pounds. so I would say, in response to the poster of this topic, ya lose most the first week, then lose 1-2 pounds every following week, or at least that's my experience (which seems to be well echoed). Plot your goals accordingly? you want to have a sense of urgency and accomplishment, but you don't wanna psych yourself out with unrealistic expectations. hence the additional time I allowed for the closer I get to goal weight. I look forward to seeing your posts of your successes! Best luck!