Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Scared to weigh in....

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me. It's been 1 week since I descided to get serious about losing these extra baby pounds. I'm a little scared that my efforts won't reflect on the scale. Please take a look at my diary and tell me what you think. All advice is welcomed.

Replies

• Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Your diary is locked
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    After 1 week, the scale could say just about anything. Regardless of what the scale says tomorrow, just stay on track. And if you want your diary critiqued, you have to open it.
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    It's likely you won't see dramatic results in just a week. But don't let that discourage you. This is a slow process for most people, but the longer you stick with it, the more results you'll see.
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    In didn't know, I'm unlocking now.
  • MrsWashington82
    After 1 week, the scale could say just about anything. Regardless of what the scale says tomorrow, just stay on track. And if you want your diary critiqued, you have to open it.
    Thanks I didn't know it was set to private. I just set it to public, please take a look and tell me what you think.
  • MrsWashington82
    It's likely you won't see dramatic results in just a week. But don't let that discourage you. This is a slow process for most people, but the longer you stick with it, the more results you'll see.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    I'm no expert but it looks like you've been exercising alot and staying under goal,thats what matters. First week you definitely should show a loss, if you normally eat alot more and dont exercise.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    The mere fact that you have finally decided to do something about your weight is wonderful, and you should be proud of your accomplishment! We all know that it's not easy taking that first step. A suggestion-- think of your scale as just one of the tools in your weight-loss toolbox. It's not the only way to measure your progress. There are days when I don't see my scale move at all. That's when I take a really good look at how loose my clothes are getting. That's when I really notice that one of my rolls of fat has almost disappeared. If I never "looked up" from my scale, I'd never see the true progress I'm making. My system: I weigh my food, and always enter it on MFP. No exceptions. Because I know exactly how much I'm eating, I don't freak out if I go up a pound or two once in a while. I know it's only from water retention, and that it'll go away soon enough. Like the previous posters said, don't get discouraged. Stick with it. You can do this!
  • MrsWashington82
    I'm no expert but it looks like you've been exercising alot and staying under goal,thats what matters. First week you definitely should show a loss, if you normally it alot more and dont exercise.
    Thanks! I haven't exactly been eating healthy but I excercise and stay close to my goal intake. I use to weigh myself daily which proved to be very discouraging. Hoping to show a lost so that it will give me that extra push. Thanks for your advice.
  • MrsWashington82
    The mere fact that you have finally decided to do something about your weight is wonderful, and you should be proud of your accomplishment! We all know that it's not easy taking that first step. A suggestion-- think of your scale as just one of the tools in your weight-loss toolbox. It's not the only way to measure your progress. There are days when I don't see my scale move at all. That's when I take a really good look at how loose my clothes are getting. That's when I really notice that one of my rolls of fat has almost disappeared. If I never "looked up" from my scale, I'd never see the true progress I'm making. My system: I weigh my food, and always enter it on MFP. No exceptions. Because I know exactly how much I'm eating, I don't freak out if I go up a pound or two once in a while. I know it's only from water retention, and that it'll go away soon enough. Like the previous posters said, don't get discouraged. Stick with it. You can do this!
    Thank you so much! So glad I found this site. All of you guys are so supportive!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    How are you measuring or recording your calorie burn through exercise?
    Not all the exercises on MFP are accurate for everyone. People add their own and this can vary for the same exercise.

It's the same with the food database, I would suggest you check the nutrition on the food yourself from time to time
    Take your measurements now and then, that can really help show how your progressing because the scales are not the only way seeing results.

Well done on completing your first week. :flowerforyou:
    This site is great, get yourself some supportive pals around you and you'll be glad you joined MFP.

Good luck ????
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    I'm no expert but it looks like you've been exercising alot and staying under goal,thats what matters. First week you definitely should show a loss, if you normally it alot more and dont exercise.
    Thanks! I haven't exactly been eating healthy but I excercise and stay close to my goal intake. I use to weigh myself daily which proved to be very discouraging. Hoping to show a lost so that it will give me that extra push. Thanks for your advice.

Keep in mind that if you've just started exercising then you might retain some water which could mask a loss. I only raise this because you shouldn't be discouraged if there isn't a loss. Water weight isn't real weight (well it is but it's not fat) and will come off natrually as your body adjusts to your new routine
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member

Keep in mind that if you've just started exercising then you might retain some water which could mask a loss. I only raise this because you shouldn't be discouraged if there isn't a loss. Water weight isn't real weight (well it is but it's not fat) and will come off natrually as your body adjusts to your new routine

If can go the other way too, some people lose 5 or more pounds the first week (mostly water weight), get super excited, then really frustrated when they *only* lose 1 pound the next week. So what we are all trying to say is, keep up the great work, and don't let the scale dictate how you feel during this process.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    NOT looking at the scale and being in denial is how I ended up as heavy as I was. Bravely stepping on the scale to assess and take control is progress. Whatever the scale tells you, that is what will set your goals for the next day, week or month. Be open to tweaking and change. DO NOT be discouraged if it went up or stayed the same. Weight loss and fitness is a long term, life time commitment, so this is just an early measurement in a long process. Take control, take responsibility and tackle your goal! You can do it!
  • MrsWashington82
    I just allow Mfp to record the calories I burn during excercise. I know it isn't as accurate as the machines at the gym so I'll only eat back half of my calories burned depending on how long I work out. I'm excited I weighted in earlier today 2.5 lbs lossed! I'm excited because I now know that this app will assist me to a healthier lifestyle. Thanks!! @Alimac92
  • MrsWashington82
    Thanks everypne, I really appreciate ypur positive feedback.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    I just allow Mfp to record the calories I burn during excercise. I know it isn't as accurate as the machines at the gym so I'll only eat back half of my calories burned depending on how long I work out. I'm excited I weighted in earlier today 2.5 lbs lossed! I'm excited because I now know that this app will assist me to a healthier lifestyle. Thanks!! @Alimac92

Congrats on your weight loss!!
    If you are honest and committed, this site will help you achieve your goals. After a few weeks of consistent logging, if you are losing what MFP says you 'should' you'll know you are logging accurate. If you lose less, either you are underestimating your food, or overestimating your burn. If you are losing more you are either overestimating your food or underestimating your burn. Usually you can figure out which, and adjust a bit.

Keep up the great work!