Shin Splints

Options
A few weeks ago, I realized that I have shin splints especially in my left leg. I noticed a pain in my shin about two months ago but then it went away. Now it's back and even worse since I'm starting to run even more. Can anyone please tell me a way to relieve this pain? I've googled it and have just found that stretching and ice helps. Is there anything else?

Replies

• darknight0dc
    Options
    I've been getting bad shin splints too. Both my legs are bad, but my left is considerably worse. I've heard that the more you run the less painful your shin splints will be.
    I wasn't able to find much on Google about this either :(j
  • Endershadow
    Endershadow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would try getting some new insoles. I bought Spencos on Amazon and have had much less pain since Read the reviews and decide for yourself. They are pretty cheap so worth a shot.
  • boxerbby
    Options
    i had them too just a couple days ago because of running. what you should do
    is walk on your heels, it may look
    funny but it works . goood luck :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I have them too and the jumping stuff I'm doing on my EA Sports Active is really killing me. I wonder if there's any supplement that can cure it?
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I found some shin splint sleeves on amazon - this one by Zensah gets the best reports

http://www.amazon.com/Zensah-Ultra-Calf-Shin-Sleeve/dp/B001HEJASG/ref=pd_sbs_sg_4

I have front shin splints, sometimes I have something going on bad with my achilles too.