Motivation!

Options
Hi, my name is Dawn, and I hoping this site will give me some motivation..I am getting married this August and i just don't want to be disgusted by looking at my wedding pictures.....I welcome any encouragement/motivation I can get!!

Replies

• hazbrunette07
    Options
    im also getting married soon! in may, adding!!
  • kait7011
    Options
    Hey I'm not sure what kind of motivation you're looking for, but here is a total stranger who is telling you that you can and will do it for sure. You are going to look beautiful at your wedding. Not just the beautiful that I know you already, but the beautiful that you picture in your mind right now. I'm trying to drop some weight before I go to college. I know I'm on the younger side of this mess, but I've been trying to lose weight since I was 8 years old and I've decided it's high time that it works. Little things I do to motivate myself:
    -the background on my cellphone is a photo of the bikini I will buy for myself when I drop the weight (you might try your wedding dress)
    -I have a little acronym that reminds me how worth it it is to skip the snacks and choose fruits and veggies over junk food. I write it all over everything to keep it in mind, but only I know what it means.
    -When I work out at home I wear a shirt that it just a little too tight on me. It reminds me what I'm running towards, and I can already feel it fitting a little better.
    -I found other reasons to eat healthy besides just wanting to lose weight. I eat mostly vegan, and now doing research on it I understand how cruel it is to animals to do anything but, and also how much good I am doing for the environment.
    -I look in the mirror a lot. It's vain. I don't criticize myself. I admire progress, I look at where I can be stronger, but most of all I am becoming more comfortable with my body and getting exctied about how much more I will love it.
    I don't know if any of this long rambling post helped. But if nothing else I hope it inspired you to have a healthy day. Stay beautiful!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hiya! you can do this! i got married 3 years ago and got down to my ideal weight which was just under 9st! and i was happy! you will feel awesome on your wedding day no matter what! but i know the feeling about wanting to be proud of your wedding pics! i put on weight after i had my daughter. my weddings pics are my motivation to get back to the weight i was!